Home Sweet Home

Natalia felt completely drained and weak after the birth of her twins, but she couldn't give up and rest, she was in a strangers house in the middle of the woods, whilst Daryl, Michonne, Evie and the others were somewhere, hopefully still alive.

Leah had tried convincing her to stay for only a little bit, just to get some sleep and her strength up, but Natalia refused, somewhat politely.

"How the hell are you gonna get two babies back to wherever you came from, by yourself?" Leah asked her, the woman looked like she was capable of fainting at any moment.

"I have a community, I lied earlier because I don't know you" Natalia revealed.

"Gathered that."

"It's a big place, we have houses, livestock, gardens, even a church, you should come back with me, you'd be accepted into the community, we're all good people." Natalia offered, the babies were currently feeding for the first time, it was a lot easier than Natalia expected, they kinda just did it themselves with a little of her help.

"I can't." Leah shook her head.

"Why not, you wouldn't be out here by yourself, alone in the woods."

"I just can't, okay. I'm staying here, and if you're serious about leaving, you should get going soon, before it gets dark."

"Fair enough." Natalia nodded, accepting her answer. "I got a plan, but I kinda need your help."

Natalia had settled the twins, making sure they'd be okay whilst her and Leah went outside for just a moment, Leah had instructed Willow, her dog, to watch the girls, come alert them if anything had happened, she was very obedient.

"What are we doing?" Leah asked, dropping the sheet Natalia had asked for, on the ground.

"You're gonna help me gut up." Natalia shared, her knife was in her fist, she was in a lot of pain, from just giving birth not that long ago, but she pushed it away, Siddiq could offer her meds when she got back, she also found that it was a lot easier to move around when there were no babies in her womb. "That way, the walkers won't become a problem and I can get home quicker."

They had managed to lure three walkers towards them, putting them down, Natalia wasn't sure how much guts she'd actually need, but she wanted to be as safe as possible, even though so long ago, when they had only been in Alexandria for less than a month, Rick had managed to split two walkers between eleven people, albeit, one of them was a baby.

With gloves, Natalia and Leah cut up the walkers, slathering their blood and guts all over the sheet, she even smothered some on her cheeks, just to be on the safe side.

The two women cleaned their hands thoroughly as the sheet was hung up, the twins were new born's after all, they didn't want to cause anything that could pass on an infection to them, or the fever.

Leah had hunted down two different coloured fabrics, that were clean and not towels, helping Natalia swaddle the two sleeping babies, Daisy was sporting dark brown, and Bambi was wearing navy blue.

Natalia tucked the girls into the front of her dungaree's, that were a lot more looser, tying a cut up sheet around her body, keeping them safe and still, she had caught how the twin sisters were holding hands as they slept next to each other, it made her heart melt.

"Are you going to be okay?" Leah asked, as she put the sheet over Natalia's head.

"I'll be fine, I got this." Natalia told her. "You sure you wanna stay here?"

"Yeah, this is my home." Leah finalised. "Where I need to be."

"Alright, well, thanks, for like, everything." Natalia nodded, shaking Leah's hand with her free one, the other was holding the babies tightly to her.