Better Than Revenge

When they had gotten back, Daryl went right back to dragging her around.

"What are we doing?" She asked.

"Finding Tara." He said.

"Why?"

"She wants what we want." He stated.

Natalia knocked on her door, going to stand with Daryl by a post on Tara's porch.

She lifted his hand, checking his knuckles.

They were already scarred from years before, but she still felt the need to check for new damage.

"You mad at me?" He rasped, looking at the street.

She scoffed.

"No, I was the one agreeing with you. Though, if you got yourself blown up, I'd have been real mad."

"That's fair." Daryl snorted. "You do want this, right?"

"Yes. I need it. What they did... it has to happen, he just doesn't get that, not like us, not like Rosita, or Maggie or Tara... or Sasha. I'm gonna feel bad if innocent people get hurt because of it, but it's not gonna keep me up at night. He took too much from us, that I'm done giving a shit about anyone but in these gates, or the Hilltop and the Kingdom, sorta."

"It's gonna happen, with him on board or not, we're gonna end it, I promised yer that."

The door opened and Tara walked out.

"Hey. You guys just get back?"

"Yeah." Daryl leaned off the post. "We were looking for you."

"I was looking for you guys, too." She admitted. "I wanted to tell you that you were right when you didn't kill Dwight." She spoke to Daryl. "We wouldn't have gotten this far without him."

Natalia doubted that, she still believed he should of done it, they would of figured it out.

"The thing is, I know what you said. But after this, I'm gonna kill him. I want it to be me."

"Maybe it could be you and me both." Daryl offered. "And maybe we don't got to wait so long."

"Have you seen Mich and Rosita around?" Natalia asked looking around the streets. "I haven't seen them yet, would've at least thought they'd say hi. Or Carl."

"Uh, I don't know, I think I saw Carl earlier, not since." Tara told her, when they were getting ready to leave. "But no, I haven't seen Michonne or Rosita all day."

"Oh, okay..."

"Come on, let's go." Daryl told them, getting in one of the garbage trucks the Scavengers left, it was big enough to get the job done.

They got to one outpost in particular, a truck full of speakers playing loud music was driving out.

"Found them." Tara said, spotting Michonne and Rosita running after the truck.

"Hang on." Daryl grunted, putting his foot down, crashing into the truck, knocking the speakers off and breaking them.

Tara jumped out and so had Natalia, shooting the people driving.

"Truck full of speakers, huh?" Daryl stated the obvious as the two woman walked over to them. "That was a Saviour."

"Yeah, it was." Michonne confirmed. "They were scavenging when you guys attacked the Sanctuary. They saw all the walkers around it. It's a cache. They were gonna try and drive the walkers away. That's why they were out here." Michonne looked exhausted.

"Okay, so why are you guys out here? You look like shit, both of you." Natalia told them, slightly pissed off that they went out when they were supposed to be resting, but also didn't bother to wait for her.