Double Date

Eventually, the three had emerged from the tree's, getting to another overgrown field.

Buttons was running around a small herd of walkers.

"Gotta move quick. He's pinned in with them." Daryl instructed the pair.

Natalia brought her knife out again.

"I got the far ones." Daryl told them, heading off.

Aaron had ran the other direction, Natalia trailed behind, instructing Sully to keep back, he sat obediently away from the field, listening out for sounds.

Natalia watched Aaron fall down flat, a walker was heading for him, she could only see the other walker on the ground, who had hold of his ankle, when she was close enough, because of the grass.

She threw her knife at the one behind him, it falling down, she then stamped on the walker who just had its hand cut off by Aaron.

Daryl had come over to check they were okay, Natalia pulled the knife out of the walkers head, throwing it at the one behind Daryl.

The two men looked behind, seeing it fall down, before looking back at the woman who had just saved both of them.

"Thanks." They said at the same time.

"The horse, go." Natalia told them, running for her knife, as they jogged towards the animal.

They were too late.

Buttons whined loudly as walkers gathered around him, taking the poor boy down, there was nothing they could do as he was pulled apart.

Daryl pulled an arrow out of its hold, ready to load the crossbow.

"I got the ones on the right." He told them.

They soon took the walkers out, but Buttons was torn apart, breathing shallowly, as he lifted his head to look at the three.

"Go ahead." Daryl told Aaron, who was looking at Buttons with pain in his eyes.

Aaron took his shot, putting the horse out of his misery.

"He always ran." Aaron sighed.

"You were trying to help him." Daryl told him.

"Not everyone can be helped, though." Natalia said, turning back towards her dog.

When they had got back to Alexandria, Aaron had parted ways before reminding them about the party that everyone was already at, once again.

When they had got to the house, Carol had left a note on the side, along with an black and white polka dot dress, that was folded alongside it.

"All at the party, make sure you come, we're trying to fit in here, Nat, picked out this dress for you, you'll look great - Carol." Natalia read out loud, before looking up and meeting Daryl's gaze.

"We don't have to go." She told him, he didn't respond. "Fine, I'll go change." She caved, picking up the dress, tossing it over her arm and heading for the stairs. "Don't leave without me."

"Won't." He called up to her.

Natalia got into the dress, the hem came to her mid thigh, it was tight fitting, showing off cleavage, but not too much.

She slipped on the large brown jacket she had got from the food bank as well as her boots.

She fluffed out her long hair, brushing it with her fingers, then applied lip gloss.

Natalia took a moment to inspect herself in the mirror, she had lost a considerable amount of weight, she didn't know how to feel about it.

In the mirror, she could see Daryl leaning against the doorframe, it didn't look like he was stood there for long.