The New World

"Alright, say night to Dad" Natalia told Evie, after she had finished telling him about her day.

"Night Dad, I love and miss you." The eight year old said into the radio.

"Night, sweetheart, I'm gonna see ya soon, alright, promise." His voice came through. "I love ya."

A year and a half had passed since the fall of the Saviours, all the communities had been rebuilt.

Rick had asked Daryl to be the new leader of the Sanctuary, telling him that he was the best person for the job, he had even said about Natalia and Evie moving there as well, when Natalia had a few choice words for him, still pissed at the man, and then to have the audacity to even request what he did.

Daryl had accepted, even though she knew he didn't want to go back there, to leave his family, who he had said were to stay in Alexandria, he wasn't gonna have Evie nowhere near the place.

Of course Natalia had to stay with her, though she hated the idea of him leaving without her, they had got long range radios, to stay in touch every night

Eugene and Rosita had gone with him, much to Tara's disappointment, who had formed a relationship with the latter, and a budding friendship with the former. Natalia would be lying if she said she hadn't been sensing something brewing between the two women, she was happy for them.

Natalia visited the Sanctuary when she could, though it was sparsely that she could find the time, when she did stay at the Sanctuary, the married couple only had one thing on their mind, and It wasn't sleeping.

Daryl had become an expert in taking care of Natalia's body, he was a fast learner, even though she claimed that his first time was the best she'd had with anybody.

"You still there, baby?" Daryl asked, when Natalia made her way to her own room.

"Yeah, was just closing Eves door." She said. "I miss you."

"Miss you, too. But we're gonna see each other tomorrow, you still coming to DC?"

"Hell yeah, babe, it's a fucking museum, you know how cool that is? Me and my mom went for my sixteenth, they have this well cool floor that's completely made of glass, you can stand right above it and look down at the cool shit."

"God, you're such a nerd." He sighed as she got into bed.

"Hey, says the person who's probably flicking through a manual about bike parts, right as we speak."

"Ain't doing that." She could hear the pages folding shut and the sound of him tossing it."

"Mhm yeah, I'm sure." She rolled her eyes. "I think I'm gonna see Siddiq before I head off though."

"You still not feeling alright?" He asked. "You sure you should come?"

"Yeah, I don't know, just wanna make sure I get it checked out, it's nothing major, Evie hasn't caught it so it's not like contagious or anything."

Natalia had been feeling rough for a few weeks now, she didn't know what it was, but she'd start to feel nauseous, and wondered if it was because of her lack of appetite recently, she didn't know what kind of cold was developing, or maybe it was a new allergy.

"I think I'm gonna talk to Rick about coming home, maybe let Rosita take over, I wanna be with you and Eves, I'm missing too much."

"I agree, I hate going to sleep and waking up without you, and Evie's growing up too fast, I can't believe she's going to be nine in a few months."

"I know, I hate it too, I needa be with my girls."

"I love you." She said, clicking the radio as she got settled under the covers,