Secrets revealed

"Hershel!" Rick called out once they got back to the courtyard.

"You didn't find them?" The old man asked.

We thought maybe they came back out here." Glenn said.

Beth shook her head, looking for any sign of the three missing people.

"What about T? Carol?"

"They didn't make it." Daryl admitted.

"That doesn't mean the others didn't. We're going back." Rick declared.

"Daryl, Nat, Glenn, you come-"

A baby's cries interrupted Rick, bringing everyone's attention to behind him.

Maggie, holding a baby, and Carl walked out of a rusty cage, looking miserable and both covered in blood.

Rick was in disbelief as he walked towards the pair, dropping his axe.

"Where ... Where is she? Where is she?" Rick asked a blubbering Maggie.

When she didn't answer, he walked toward where they just came from.

"No,Rick. No!" Maggie sobbed, trying to hold Rick back, whilst not dropping the baby.

Rick shrugged her off, as he began to cry, himself, his son beside him, as his body shook. 

"Oh, no. No! No!" Rick shouted into the air.

Glenn tried to comfort a crying Maggie as everyone else didn't know what to do with themselves.

Ricks behaviour reminded Natalia of the worst day of her life.

He collapsed to the ground, falling onto his side as he sobbed.

Sully ran to her side, pressing up against her, not knowing how to handle a situation like this, he was a dog, after all. Natalia subconsciously stroked him as the baby continued to cry.

Daryl went over to see if Rick was okay, trying to pull him into reality.

"Rick, you with me?" He asked. "Rick?"

"Let me see the baby" Hershel declared when Maggie passed it to Carl.

"What are we gonna feed it?" Daryl asked, moving his worries to the infant. "We got anything a baby can eat?"

"Formula, powder milk." Natalia said, not realising she said it until after.

"For the most part, she looks healthy, but Nats right, and she needs it soon, or she won't survive." Hershel said.

"Nope. No way. Not her." Daryl decided. "We ain't losing nobody else, I'm going for a run, you coming?" Natalia looked up at him, not noticing that he asked her the question.

"Right, yeah, sure." Natalia agreed.

"I'll back you up." Maggie said.

"I'll go too." Glenn joined in.

"Okay, think where we're going. Beth. Kid just lost his mom. His dad ain't doing so hot." He told the teenager, quietly.

"I'll look out for him." She nodded.

"You two get the fence, two many pile up, we got ourselves a problem." Daryl told the two prisoners. "Nat, Glenn, Maggie, Vamonos"

Rick seemed to have woken up from his daze, walking towards where he dropped his axe, picking it up.

"Rick!" Maggie called out to him, but he ignored her, heading into the building.

"Get the gate. Come on, we're gonna lose the light!" Daryl shouted, not seeming to be bothered by Ricks actions.