Whispered Rumours

"Henry!" Evie cheered, running towards the wagon, as the tall blond boy jumped down, embracing her in a hug.

Carol was sat atop of it, the reigns in her hands as she watched them all, her eyes scanning all their faces, before falling on little Archies, a smile tugging at her lips.

"Need a ride?" Carol asked them.

"Aunt Carol!" Daisy cheered, running to the wagon, the woman helping her up, then Bambi.

"Dog! Come on!" Daryl shouted, clapping his hands.

Dog ran towards them, the two homemade arrows in his jaws, that Daryl then took from him.

They headed back to the cabin, Evie and Henry walked ahead with their arms linked, catching each other up on the bits they had forgot to share over the radio, whilst Daisy and Bambi sniggered together behind them.

"I think I believe that I haven't had the chance to meet this lil lady yet." Carol walked in the back with Daryl and Natalia.

"About that..." Natalia started, handing over the baby. "He's not a lil lady." She put it gently.

Carol's eyes snapped to the couple, then back to the baby.

"A boy?" Carol asked.

"5th time lucky." She shrugged, though it wasn't luck, because she loved her girls, but it was nice to have a change.

"Meet Archie Carl Dixon, Nat came up with the name." Daryl told her.

"Oh, I love it." She smiled widely.

"Carl made me promise that if I ever had a boy, I had to name it after him, here we are, my lil CJ." She kissed her sons cheek. "The nerve of him to come out and look nothing like me, though." She glared with a smile.

"Was about to say, this is no Moore hair." Carol laughed, running her hands over the small patch of blond.

"Yeah, hair went darker with age." Daryl shrugged, the tips of his ears going a little red.

"Yeah, you were a little sandy when we first met, actually." Carol laughed.

"See, I never knew that, because He" She jabbed her thumb at him. "Doesn't seem to tell me things like this."

"Henry!" Carol called ahead, as they got nearer. "Watch out, okay!"

"Yeah" He looked over his shoulder, giving her a thumbs up.

"Don't worry Carol, your precious prince is fine." Evie teased, earning an nudge from the teen boy.

"You're a prince!?" Daisy howled, finding the idea of this absolutely ridiculous, her older sister used to talk about queens and kings, princesses and kingdoms a lot when they were younger, but they didn't really know about it except from her stories.

"Mommy, I wanna be a prince!" Bambi told her.

"You can, sweetie." Natalia told her. "Or, you can be even better, a princess!"

The twins gasped at this as Natalia caught up to them, to chat as they got situated back at home.

"She's come a long way." Carol commented, handing the baby to his father, as they watched the woman interact with all the kids.

"She has." Daryl agreed. "Kids make her happy."

"And you?" She peeked at him, as he held his son, walking towards the river so he could wash the girls arrows.

"I'm happy when she's happy." He answered vaguely. "That's all I need."

"She like living out here?"

Daryl focused on his job, knowing what she was getting at, and yet, he still answered truthfully.