Karma Catches Up

"You drop 'em now!" A mans voice shouted.

Natalia looked up, a blond man, who's half of his face was burnt, with Daryl's crossbow, had a hold of Eugene, forcing the man to his knees.

"Natalia. Get up." Daryl told her in a low voice as they gathered around on the tracks.

Natalia followed his order standing up and away from the woman.

"Well, hell." The man breathed. "You got something to say to me?" He looked at Daryl "You gonna clear the air? Step up on that high horse?" Daryl didn't answer him. "No." He smiled. "You don't talk much."

"Who the fuck are you?" Natalia asked him, her jaw clenched.

"Oh, sweetheart, me and this guy go way back. Hurt that you don't know." He looked at her, eying her up, before nodding at his men, who walked towards them, frisking the three, taking their weapons.

"Still getting the hang of her." The man said, gesturing at the crossbow in his hands. "Kicks like a bitch, but..."

"I should've done it." Daryl spoke up.

"Oh, what's that?" The man taunted. "Seriously, I didn't catch what you said."

"I should've killed you." Daryl told him.

"Yeah, you probably should've. So, here we are. Kind of begs the question, right? Who brought this on who? I mean, I get that you'll just have to take my word for this, but... she wasn't even the one I was aiming for. Like I said, kicks like a bitch." He laughed. "It's nothing personal."

"You sick son of a bitch!" Natalia stepped towards him, but one of his men knocked her down on the tracks.

Daryl, without thinking, went to grab the man, But the blond aimed his crossbow at the woman.

"I wouldn't, or she'll be next." He threatened. "And that would be a damn shame for everyone, wouldn't it sweetheart." He repeated the pet name, staring down at her, fuelling Daryl's anger.

Daryl clenched his fists, breathing deeply as he stared hatred at him.

"Look, this isn't how we like to start new business arrangements, but, well, you pricks kind of set the tone, didn't you?"

"What do you want?" Rosita asked him.

"I'm sorry, darlin', I didn't catch your name. I'm D, or Dwight. You can call me either. So? What's your name?"

"Rosita. What do you want?"

"Well, Rosita... It's not what I want. It's what you and Daryl and, her?" He nodded at one of his men to pick the woman up from the ground. She smacked his hand away, standing up by herself.

"Natalia." She gritted through her teeth.

"It's what you, Daryl and Natalia are going to do." Dwight continued. "You're going to let us into your little complex. It looks like it's just beautiful in there. And then you're going to let us take whatever and whoever we want..." His eyes trailed back to Natalia. "Or we blow Eugene's brains out. And then yours. And then hers. And then his. I hope it doesn't come to that, really. Nobody else has to die. We just try and start with one. You know... maximum impact to get our point across. So what's it gonna be? You tell me."

"You wanna kill someone, you start with our companion hiding over there behind the oil barrels." Eugene told him. "He's a first-class a-hole and he deserves it so much more than us four."

They looked over at the oil barrels, but no one was there.

Dwight pulled out his gun

"Go check it out." He ordered one of the men.