𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈

I've got an elastic heart.

Twenty-Seven

| Apollo's POV

Its been a few days and it feels like a bunch of weights are slowing me down. I made it to my old pack but I couldn't do anything yet. They've already rebuilt the walls and restructured everything.

I haven't eaten and I can't hunt since I couldn't transform into my wolf. I slid down the tree, sitting down as I focus on my breathing.

I've been studying their patterns since I arrived. There was a moment between their guard shifts where one of them leave for a piss break during the middle of the night, leaving the gates unattended to and open.

Which is only a few minutes from now.

Tonight, I'm going to kill Torak and that's when I can rest in peace. Knowing I've created a safe world for Lauv to live in, brought me satisfaction.

My ears flicker as the guard storms off, having the intention to return shortly. I jump up onto my feet, leaning forward as I ran towards the gate, keeping myself hidden within the darker shadow spots. The gate was closing but I slid between just before the doors shut.

Now, time to locate that bastard.

There were guards walking around the mid field so I took the longer route behind the houses. I ran through the laundry drying on the strings.

I overheard two of my old pack mates discussing the next move.

"Torak just hasn't been the same man. He's been obsessed with that tiger shifter and Apollo." Jace says.

"Word on the street is Apollo and Lauv both are hiding out with that Omega that came through awhile back." Wyatt sighs. "What has Apollo got himself into?"

"No way. Where did you hear that?"

"Torak sent an assassin to find them. He came back and saw them talking in some alleyway." Wyatt shook his head. "Kinda wish they'd come back. I don't like our new commander."

"Yea, he's a prick." Jace agrees.

"At least Apollo would associate with us. This new guy just makes us do the shit he doesn't want to do." Wyatt chuckles.

If we were closer back then, I'd probably trust them enough to help me but right now, everyone is my enemy.

"But.. he was talking to this guy. Dude didn't look like he was from any of the nearby packs." Wyatt mentions.

"Whadda ya mean?" Jace looks at him with confusion.

I decide to quit eavesdropping and continue sneaking towards the palace which was refurbished, however, it wasn't completely done yet. They were still building the finishing touches.

They've been really busy since that night.

As I stood up to my full height, I pressed my back against the brick house. I kept peeking around the corner, staring at the entrance of the palace. There was one guard standing there.

I could kill him but I didn't want to take any useless lives since I'm about to take the life of my alpha.

A woman that I was quite familiar with was walking with a basket over her head. She hums a melody while rolling her hips in her long skirt with her tight tank top, showing off her breast that I used to love.

"Syrai," I whisper-shout her name. She stops in her tracks, looking around to find where she heard her name.

I called her name again. She turns to my direction, immediately smiling as she looks at me with relief.