𝐋𝐈𝐗

Angel with a shotgun.

Fifty-Nine

| Vixen's POV

I stood in the middle of the clinical room, looking around as Thierno took a seat in the chair in the corner of the room. There was a computer with other equipment.

The sonobed used for ultrasounds was too high for me to jump up on it so I tried to find a button that could possibly further it down more for me to be able.

Thierno rose from his seat then strides over to me, "Having trouble?"

"No," I blush. "I-I'm fine."

"Here," he turns me around where I'm facing him then lifted me by my thighs that were thicker than before.

Holy moly, I was gaining weight.

He stood between my legs, staring down at me with an unknown expression.

Oh no..

What if he was staring at me because I gained weight?

"D-Don't look at me," I cover my face as I blushed from the embarrassment of my thoughts.

His hands wrapped around my wrists, pulling them away from my flushed face as he leans down, now nose to nose with me, "Why?"

"Y-You probably think I'm chunky or something. If you stare too long, the less attractive I'll become." I softly murmur then he chuckled.

"A little weight never stopped me before. You can always lose that baby weight." He lifts my shirt up, revealing my huge stomach.

"It's always kicking its feet," I rubbed the top of my baby bump while staring at my mate. He was silent while watching me with those piercing dark eyes.

I couldn't help but blush, unable to maintain eye contact for long because I was still somewhat shy when it comes to my mates.

My chest enlarged greatly because of the pregnancy. I almost covered them like a woman would if they were out on display.

"Meiko should be back any moment. Are you excited?" I ask while trailing my fingers up his sleeved arms, feeling on the fabric.

"No."

My excitement depletes as I frowned. "You're not excited for the baby?"

"I wouldn't say that," Thierno shook his head before squeezing my thighs. I could've easily asked him about his reasons but I wasn't going to ruin our day together. "Well, you should probably sit over there so Meiko won't suspect you of being my mate. I will announce that on my own time."

"What are you so afraid of?" Thierno asks, removing his body from in between my legs and that's when Meiko walks in with her stethoscope around her neck, wearing a white lab coat and her silver hair was pulled back into a cute low ponytail. Her smile returns once her blue eyes landed on me, "How are you feeling Vixen?"

Thierno sat in the corner where the only chair was located. He looked too big to be sitting in that small chair which gained a soft chuckle from me, "I'm okay. Just a little tired and ready to give birth already."

"Okay, let's get you lying flat on your back after you change into a gown," she began preparing for the ultrasound, grabbing the gel and the probe.

She sat down on the black chair with wheels at the bottom. She turns to face Thierno with a quirk of her brow. "Vixen, are you comfortable with your friend being here or?"