𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

I'll be with you from dusk till dawn.

Twenty-Eight

| Basim's POV

I sat in Tiberias' mansion for a long time, thinking. Vixen and Thierno returned hours ago, displeased with us losing Apollo.

I grew fond of Lauv.

He didn't need to lose his brother or he'd sink into a dark place that no one can save him from. It was all too uncanny. We were about to leave to search for Apollo but Envy suddenly knew where he was.

It's been hours since he left and I was starting to wonder if I should've taken matters into my own hands.

I place my hand on my glowing neck, applying pressure to my skin to answer.

"Basim, where are you?" Cicero's deep voice cuts through.

"I can't say." I whisper, looking over my shoulder to make sure no one was eavesdropping.

"You've been so secretive lately." He sounds a little hurt since I've been distant from the rest.

I lift my right leg over my left, sighing. "Cicero, I have a bad feeling."

"Confide in me."

I sat up with great posture, tilting my head back to look at the beautiful intricate ceiling.

What I was feeling was too complicated to explain. I knew something bad was about to happen. I could talk to Cicero because I trusted him with my life but I felt like I needed to keep this to myself.

After a second of silence, he asks, "Is this about your demon of a mate?"

"Don't do that." I immediately say, gliding my fingers through my hair.

"That's the only thing I know that could bother you so much," he chuckles.

"It's nothing. Why did you call anyway?" My voice lowers.

"Calypso has called for us to report any unusual incidents in the kingdom. Apparently there has been more deaths than usual. She's afraid there might be a new plague underway."

"Well, I haven't been in the kingdom for a very long time. I have nothing to report." I say.

"That's fine. I'll report for the both of us." He says.

"You'd do that for me?" I was a little bewildered. I hear the door knob turn.

"Yes. I'd do anything for you." He says with sincerity. I blink, unable to focus on him since I was on alert.

"Uh, thank you. I'll talk to you later." I release my neck before he could further the conversation.

The door opens, revealing Envy carrying Apollo in his arms, bridal style. Apollo was asleep with his head resting on the demon's shoulder.

Apollo was covered from head to toe in dry blood. His hair was matted to his head and his breathing was irregular. It seems he's having a nightmare.

"What happened to him?" I remained sitting as Envy quietly walks up the stairs towards the bedrooms, ignoring my question.

I waited a few minutes before getting up and quickly jogging up the stairs to Apollo's bedroom. His bedroom door was cracked. I push the door open, seeing that it was empty but there was light coming from the bathroom.

I pull the door open to see Envy kneeling in front of his mate who was currently sat on the toilet. He was rubbing his eyes from just waking up. The demon was gently using a white wash cloth to rid of the blood on Apollo's face.