𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐗

A drop in the ocean.

Forty-Nine

| Apollo's POV

Ever since I killed Torak, I've been thinking about a lot. Since things have been peaceful, I wanted to venture out on my own.

Lauv was safe with his mate so I didn't need to worry about him any longer. It felt great but I still missed my little brother from time to time.

But that's not what's on my mind.

I stumbled across my mother Tiki while shopping for clothes. She was excited to see me and told me that things have changed back at my old pack. They were surprisingly doing well without an alpha which was good but.. that's not the most shocking part.

They wanted me to return to become their new alpha and lead the Blood Rose pack.

I didn't see myself as fit since I am the one who killed our alpha in the first place. It would only taint the lineage.

Especially since my mate is a demon.

I kept this information from Envy for a reason because he has been stressed about shit going on in the Sun Kingdom.

Could I lead a pack?

They desired no one else other than me. I was honestly surprised since I haven't been around but some missed me and I am a pure blood Blood Rose pack member.

I did fit all of the qualities.

Alpha Apollo had a nice ring to it.

Since Vixen had a lot of stuff going on, Envy and I decided to do our own thing and find a house for us to stay in until the mean time which led me back to Alpha Malek's pack. He welcomed both of us in without question.

Of course, Envy could just go back to the den of sins but I didn't want to live a life in their world.

Why not?

"That shit wasn't stable bro." I replied to my wolf as I made myself a cup of milk, gulping down the entire glass, licking my lips after swallowing.

I think you should take the role as alpha, Xio suggests.

"Tiki said I had a week to decide. It's only been three days. I mean, I would love to do a test run but I just know they wouldn't accept Envy so easily."

Why not?

"Did you forget that my pack is very religious?" I chuckle, shaking my head. "They'll have a heart attack if they found out that their alpha is mated to a fucking demon."

Fuck that pack then, Xio growled.

"I kinda want to know how it feels to lead a pack though Xio. I've just been sitting around, exercising, eating and waiting on Envy to come home every night." My ears flicker. "Not the best life to be living."

Envy comes first over all, Xio snaps.

"Calm down. I know that. What is wrong with you today?" I ask my wolf as he growls at me. "Yo, Xio, are you good?"

I just don't think you should consider this before talking to Envy about it, Xio gives his opinion.

Speaking of the demon, he should've been home an hour ago. I hope nothing has happened but he has been arriving home later than usual.

"I'm going to write a note to him and I'll return in two days to let him know what happened. How does that sound?" I ask Xio.

Wait until he gets home, Xio sounded annoyed.