Chapter Sixty-six- The Second Task

"Alone or not you gotta walk forward.."
-Cecilia Ahern
__________________________________

January flew by faster than I would have liked it to. We had spent countless weekends in the library trying to figure out ways for me to stay underwater for an hour in order to search for whatever they were taking. The disadvantage of being a fourth year in this tournament was proving to be quite the disadvantage. It was exhausting and by the time Harry ran down the Great Hall with a letter in his hand, it was the day before the second task.

"Drea!" Harry explained out of breath as he slammed the letter down in front of me.

The letter was addressed to both of us and it was from our parents.

"They said the bubblehead charm should work, we have one day to learn it. We need to go," He said out of breath.

Ron, Hermione, and I looked at each other, "are you coming or do you have a death wish?" Harry said as we all took off toward an empty classroom, unfortunately it was Friday and we had classes.

Fortunately, I had a free period for the first hour.

We practiced the incantation for thirty minutes before we were supposed to be in class.

I sat on one of the empty classroom tables and sighed, "We are doomed."

"There you are," just in the door of the classroom was Draco, "I looked everywhere for you guys once I saw you storm out of the Great Hall."

He came next to me and grabbed my hand, "whats wrong?"

I didn't want to explain to him I still had no idea what I was doing and the task was tomorrow.

During the first task I had lied to him and he was pissed, he will be even more pissed now.

"She is practicing the incantation for the bubblehead charm," Hermione spoke up.

"You just found out what you were doing, didn't you?" He glared at me.

I tried to push away the tears in my eyes, "I just-"

"Are you kidding, Black! you have told me for weeks you knew what the hell you were doing!" He threw his hands up in the air and walked away from me.

"You fell for that again?" Harry asked.

"Shove off, Potter, Or you wont make it to the second task!" He yelled.

"We should get to class," Hermione said as she pulled Ron and Harry out of the classroom.

I heard Ron trailing being his voice saying, "Class doesn't start for fifteen minutes."

Draco turned back to me, his face red with anger.

"You are unbelievable," he scoffed as he sat next to me on the table. Tears were forming in my eyes as I looked over at him.

"Why didn't you just tell me? I would've helped you.."

"I didn't want you to be mad at me.."

He started laughing, "well that worked out well, Black."

He sighed as he grabbed my hand and ran his thumb over my knuckles to soothe me.

"Listen, please just tell me next time.." He sighed and kissed my forehead. A few more tears escaped down my cheeks.

"I'm scared Draco.."

"It's going to be okay.. I'll skip class with you till you get it. I sure Granger will take good notes for you," he smiled at me.