Chapter 52: Anniversary Function.

*Anniversary Function*

___________________________________________________________________

-Misha-

Few days later.

It has been few days since I meet Alia. She was sweet, honest and a true friend. We talk for hours when we first meet it wasn't like we never meet before. She tell me about her memories with Rayyan. How they both fight then became one again. At first I was curious because I thought she would like Soha maybe arrogant but she is different. Now I have 3 best friends, Waniya, Maryam and Alia. Fatima is like my little sister but I still share something with her.

Alia left for her home yesterday after she was done meeting with someone. She didn't tell anything about it when Mom asked her only say it was fine and she have to go back. I asked her to stay till surprise for Mom and Uncle but she say she have some important work to do and I didn't argued because I know how it was hard to manage family and work in one time. We said our goodbyes and Rayyan took her airport.

Speaking of Rayyan. He is changed. He was getting quiet but didn't tell why when I tried to ask him. He only says he was just stressed out because lots of work he is doing for next 2 days when Uncle was gone.

We have planned to give Mom and Uncle a short trip to Shazia Aunty. They both need some time for themselves. Uncle was always busy at office and Mom at home. I thought it was better for them to spend some time away from here leaving all their worries on us. I know Mom will refuse it but I have to make her ready because Rayyan challenge me that Mom never leave us or home and I have to prove him wrong. I will make Mom mind change about it and sent her with Uncle. I hope she understand and go for it.

"Ma'am?" I heard a familiar voice from my office door. I look up and saw Fatima looking at me confused.

"Come in Fatima" I gesture her to come. She did and closed the door behind her.

"These are the files of Mr. Khan new project. I check all error, you only have to re-check it so I can set it with other files." She handed me a black folder and walk away. I sigh heavily.

'It is going to be a long day.' I thought as I open folder to read information.

In evening when I get home, I head straight in my room, change my work cloths into something comfortable before going in kitchen to help Mom. She was on stove making something and its smells make me hungry. Fatima visits her friend who she live before coming here. She said she would have dinner there.

"Assalam-o-Alaikum Mom, what are you making?" I asked leaning forward to see. She turned to side and smile at me.

"Walaikum Assalam. Nothing special just Rayyan's Dad favorite dish. He likes to eat fried rice in dinner with some special red chilli sauce." She answered my question with a smile as she add rice in pan before tossing everything together.

"Okay. You want me something to do?" I asked looking around for something to do.

"No, I had done everything. Just set table." She nodded her head at table. I take out plates and glasses and set them there and then sauce. Mom came and put two dishes of fried rice at table and covered them so they didn't get cold soon. When we enter living room and I was planning to ask her if she get any chance to go anywhere, will she go but that doorbell didn't give me a chance.

I open door and two men of the house walk in. I greet them and they give their Salam back before heading to their rooms. We all sit on table and start eating quietly. I glance at everyone but all of them concentrate on their food. I elbow Rayyan but he was like he didn't care. I don't know what's up with him and it start eating me.