Chapter 42: Exchanging Rings.

*Exchanging Rings*

Engagement Rings above.

________________________________________________________

After 5 days.

-Misha-

After telling my decision Dad call Mr. Asif and tell them, I am ready to marry his son. They were happy on my decision and are coming today to decide everything and exchange rings. It is little get together with everyone. Dad calls Ahmed Uncle family. He says he called Hashim Uncle Aaliyan Family but they were in London so they wouldn't be able to attend my Marriage. To be honest I don't want Rayyan and Aaliyan come face to face again. I don't know what will happen if they come. After that incident between two of them Aaliyan email me his resignation and left his job and go back to his home. I feel bad for him and apologize on what Rayyan do.

Right now Waniya and Maryam in my room and helping me to get ready. I was wearing white dress that me Waniya and Maryam bought it when we went for shopping on last day of our college. It is simple yet elegant. I don't like to wear heavy cloths. I put on light make up and my heels. We heard voices from downstairs. They were laughing and talking. Me, Waniya and Maryam talking about random thing.  Maryam tell her parents were also looking a guy for her but she refused to marry soon. She says she want to do job first and became something in her life. Plus she like Shehry but didn't tell him. And Me. Here, I am standing between Dad happiness and Mr. Asif and Salma Aunty hopes. Dad is happy because finally I say yes to marry someone and Mr. Asif and Salma Aunty hopes that I will bring him on right path. To make him better. But what I get in return of that? The question I always ask myself that if he ever love me the same way like I do? Will I ever make him confess it to me? What if he refused it? I shook my head and push my negative thoughts away. He loves me. I saw it in his eyes. 

"Misha" a light tap on my shoulder brought me back from my thought. I looked up to see, Maryam and Waniya looking at me with worried expression. Maryam don't want me to do marry him because on what he do and on other hand Waniya keep telling me he got changed but I don't understand suddenly why she start taking his side.

"Yeah?" I asked them. They share a looked and smile softly.

"Its time to go down" Maryam said. I gave them a small nod and took deep breaths. Maryam and Waniya on each side of mine and take me down in living room. I walked down with them. The first person I saw is his Mom. Salma Aunty looked at me with teary eyes and come forward to hug me. Then Mr. Asif and Dad came up to me and patted my head.

"You looking beautiful" Salma Aunty whispered in my ear causing me to blush slightly. Maryam and Waniya took me to couch where Rayyan already seat. I looked up and steal a glance of him. He is wearing White shalwar kameez (A dress with trouser and long shirt). We both dressed in white. I was seated next to him. Little engagement ceremony start. All elders and my two friends were seated on couches. Aashir Bhai and Shehry were talking photos. Zayan and Adeel were standing in corner smiling. I saw so many emotions in Zayan eyes and some tears. He barely cry but then I am his only sister and his guardian.

Salma Aunty came forward and tie a piece of thread on my wrist. It was to stay away from bad looks. Then she took out the ring from black velvet box, slip it into my left hand, and fed me some sweets. Then from my side Farzana aunty do it with him. She tied the thread then make him wear the ring and fed him some sweets. Finally, we were engaged. Everyone come forward to hugs and gave us their best wishes. I looked down at my left hand. Our rings were of diamond.  I felt complete after thinking that we are finally engaged. I don't know how he is feeling but I feel complete. I am happy with this strange feeling.