2 Truths And A Lie

Happy Pride Month! Later this Month i might post a pride chapter if i can get over my fricking writer block :) but rn this was all i could think of-

Peter had never been a fan of alcohol.

He had seen the effects it had on those around him, drowning them in a slow and debilitating addiction, or just using it as a way to get over pain. (Which inevitably causes more pain.) And don't even mention the dozens of articles he's had to scroll through for projects in Health class from the age of 10.

So yeah, he knows alcohol is dangerous and addictive.

So why did he accept it from a bunch of idiots?

Maybe that's too harsh, but seriously? He's in highschool, he should know better.

Well, these idiots are his friends.

No, he's not falling into peer pressure.

After all, Ned and MJ are there, albeit losing their mind over the drinks, but it at least made him feel comfortable knowing they were by his side.

And in the back of his mind he knew that with his strong healing factor, the alcohol in his system should be clearing out by the time they leave, which is a good sign.

What's not a good sign? The fact that he can still get drunk . The fact that he is drunk.

His legs were slightly swaying and his speech was slurred as he downed his last shot of the night, (even as his throat burned from the action) his drunken mind still reminding him he has to not be drunk by the time he gets home, or else Aunt May would flip.

He shivers at the prospect.

In the room stood Ned, MJ, Betty, Flash, and most of the Academic Decathlon Team.

Betty's face was blushing a fierce red, presumably from the alcohol.

Though Flash was calmer than Peter expected him to be, as if his mind was off, floating from cloud to cloud in the sky.

Peter didn't question it, after all, he couldn't exactly think straight.

His legs wobbled once again as he fell over and slumped on the couch, eyes closing but his body not going to sleep just yet.

He groaned, grabbing his head as a splitting headache started to form.

Flash suddenly announced everyone over to the living room space, a few seconds later, them all showing up and shuffling to the couches, wondering what's going on.

Flash then yelled, "You too, Ned and MJ!"

Two loud groans were heard before two heads popped out from one of the rooms with a pool table. (Because of course Flash was rich enough to get a pool table, or maybe 3.)

They reluctantly followed everyone's path and took a seat next to where Peter was sitting, squishing the couch cushions with a grunt.

Flash turned to them with a smile. "Who wants to play a game?"

A cheer erupts from the underage drinkers, voices immediately pitching in and trying ideas for what they should play.

"Two truths, one lie?" A random person said, and Flash accepted. He hadn't really wanted to play one of the more inappropriate games. After all, they were still underage, that on top of drinking was two strikes already.

"That it is. I'll start then," Flash said with pride, and listed off some things that could only be associated with his wealth, his friends guessing the lie immediately, much to Flash's shock.

A couple others go, and after what feels like no time at all, it's Peter's turn.

Of course, he wasn't going to like, give out his identity as Spider-Man or something, so he just went with the plain and simple answers.

"Uhh, my favorite color is blue, I have a dog-" Peter was immediately cut off by Abe.

"Pete, come on! I know you're boring, but not that boring! Give us something better." He said, speech slurred.

Peter rolled his eyes, "Alright, alright."

He thinks for a moment, pillow resting on his stomach, before coming up with a few things.

"Um- okay. I, uh.. once I got replaced by an alien shapeshifter and no one really noticed, my all time record for getting kidnapped is 7 times, and I've been to space before." He said, nonchalant expression on his face, not really processing what he just shared.

He looked at the faces of those surrounding him, his classmates looking very shocked for some odd reason.

"What?" He asked, confusion laced in his tone.

Cindy spoke up, "The space one?"

Ned whispered to him, "You got replaced by a shapeshifter and I didn't notice? I'm so sorry dude!"

Peter mumbled back a "Don't be." and Ned just sat next to him, still processing everything, albeit very slowly, just like the others.

"Please tell me it's the kidnapping..." Abe spoke up, though with slight concern.

"Yep!" Peter said, accentuating the 'p' sound. The room visibly relaxed, as if a weight had previously been dropped on them and suddenly lifted.

"Yeah, I've actually gotten kidnapped way more times than that-" He said with a smile.

"WHAT?"

"Peter!"

"What??" Peter said with an incredulous look, shocked at their reactions. "It's not easy being the heir to SI, y'know." He shrugged.

"SI? Like the Stark Industries?" Cindy questioned, gawking.

"Oops," Peter winced. "Did I say too much?" He whispered to Ned, who in return gave him a look saying, 'Yes, most definitely.'

MJ just shakes her head, rubbing her thumbs into her forehead.

(This is going to be a long night.)