Chapter 8: The Secret

"Dad wait."
"What honey?" says my dad.
"Can I have a word with you in your study?" I say, trying to get him away from my peers.
"Sure Katie-Kat." he says, unaware that the nickname shouldn't be said in-front of my peers.
We walk into the study. I am so mad at him, I can't believe he was fixing to tell them my secret. He needs to know he messed up. My palms are sweaty, thinking about what could happen if they found out the truth about me. About my ancestry.
"Dad, what were you about to tell them?" I ask.
"I was about to tell them about how Terry Silver is the entire reason we moved here. You wanted to leave Utah to figure more about your mother's family after her passing." said my dad.
"I know, but dad. If Terry Silver is that bad, then I don't really want to figure out more about him. Also, if the people in the next room find out, then I will not have any friends. Another reason I wanted to leave Utah. I have never had real friends who have cared about me for me, they all either wanted to be my friend for our money, or for my status because of our money." I said, trying to convince my father not to expose my secret.
"When we go into that room, please do not tell them." I say, starting to tear up.
"Okay, fine." He says, realizing the situation.
My dad goes to open the door, and thud.
"Shit." says Hawk, as they all come tumbling down.
"You all were spying on our conversation? Please don't stop being my friends. I CAN'T FUCKING HAVE ANYTHING." I say, running away crying.
The water left my eyes and I realized that I wouldn't have any true friends. I have to get out of here. I have to leave now.
"ILL BE BACK IN A MINUTE, IM GOING TO COOL OFF." I yell, sobbing.
I run as fast as I can. I turn around, and I see my house less and less in the distance, but I see a figure chasing me.
"KATE, WAIT!" yells Robby, trying to catch up to me. "SLOW DOWN."
My body comes to a stop. I can't listen to his voice without listening. My body aches to hear what he has to say.
"Kate, come with me. You have to know someth-"
I cut him off. "If you want to stop being my friend, just say it to my face."
"Kate, I want to be your friend. You can't help who you are related to." says Robby.
"Robby, go be with your other friends. Just... leave me alone."
"Wait. You have to listen to me, for a second."
"What? What is so important that I should know?"
"Just because you are related to him, doesn't mean that you have to join Cobra Kai. You can still meet him without having to join the dojo. So if you still want to, you can still join Miyagi Fang Karate." he says, finding a solution to the problem.
"Are you sure that will work? We are playing with fire." I say, trying to see if this solution will be ethical.
"It will, now it's late. So let's get you back home tonight and we can all discuss this tomorrow." he says, reassuring to me that everything will be alright.
"Thank you Robby, you have really made me feel welcome."
"No problem. Now goodnight Kate."
"Goodnight Robby."
I walk into the house, ready for a goodnights sleep.