Chapter 53: Nothing ever lasts forever

We get to the dojo and Hawk parks his truck.
"Are you ready?" He asks.
"Yeah." I respond.
He looks to me as if he is trying to protect me from the world. When I stare into his emerald eyes I feel safe, like a cozy blanket on a rainy day.
We get out and are welcomed by Sensei Lawrence, Mr LaRusso, and some person I have never seen before.
"Uh, who's that?" I ask Hawk.
"That's Sensei Chozen. He's very.... disciplined. He's a mix of Mr LaRusso's wise information and the tough-love of Sensei Lawrence." Hawk adds.
I glare at him. "Oh.. this is about to be an adventure." I say, with a dreadful tone.
"Come here." Hawk says, holding his hand out.
"Okay." I say, giving him my hand.
He walks me inside the dojo to one of the side rooms and shuts the door. "Are you sure you want to be here doing this today? You know it's okay if you don't feel up for it right?"
"Yeah I know I don't have to but I want and need to."
"Then why do you have a forced look on your face?" he says, showing me the mirror to my side, where I see a mirror. "You look like you are forced to. You don't have to if you don't want to."
"I don't want to be having this conversation with you." I say, going to walk out of the room.
"Ok. Then we don't have to have this conversation." he says, in a peaceful tone, like he is trying to calm me down.
"Don't you dare use that tone with me." I say, annoyed.
"What tone? Kate you need to calm down." he says. "I know that you are upset I am just trying to make you feel better."
"By making me feel like you are my therapist? You know what.. I don't think that this is going to work." I say.
"What isn't going to work?" Hawk says.
"This.... you and me. Maybe we just aren't meant to be together." I say.
"You don't seriously think that.. maybe we should just re-visit this conversation later."
"No, I don't think we need to. If all you are going to do is treat this relationship like you are my therapist and I need your help, then we aren't going to work." I say, going to leave. Hawk stands in my way.
"Kate. What is going on? This isn't like you."
I push him away, then walk away.
"Kate." he says, following me. I continue to walk when he grabs my wrist.
  "Let go." I say, moving my wrist trying to squirm it out of his hand.
  "Not until we talk."
"Hawk." I say, looking into his eyes. "Let me go." I say.
  "Kate, I can't do that." he says, "I can't let you go. You are my girl. Mine."
  I pull my hand away. "I just can't be in a relationship. Not now whenever I am going through everything." I start to tear up. "I need a break."
  He looks at me. "Ok. How long will this break be? A week?"
  "I don't know. I need to figure out my shit before I can figure out everything else." I say.
  "Are you sure?" he asks.
   "I'm positive." I say. I reach behind my neck to take the necklace off.
  "Don't. Not here not now." he says. "If you take it off everyone will know and they won't want to do the lesson."
  "Okay." I say, going to walk away.
"Kate?" Hawk says.
   I turn around. "Yes?"
  "Just know that I will wait for you.... no matter how long it takes."
  I start to tear up. I can't say anything or else I will burst into tears, so I just walk away.
  I wipe my eyes and go outside. I put on a smile so nobody knows. Did I do the right thing? My heart still wants him, my brain is telling me to find him and tell him that I want him, but I need to focus on me.
  "So, I was thinking." Samantha says as she approaches me. "We could dress Retro for the bonfire. What do you think?" she asks.
  "Oh yeah that uh... sounds good." I say.
"Oh, we're you thinking something different?" she asks.
  "No actually, I was thinking Retro as well." I say, lying through my teeth.
  "Great then it's settled." Samantha says. "I just asked Tory before I came over and she said she was down so I guess we will all go together. We should definitely get pics." she says.
  "Yeah that sounds good." I say.
"QUIET." Sensei Lawrence yells.
  The Lesson begins.