Chapter 20: Sacrificial Lamb

I can barely see anything, and a ringing in my ear. Everything is hazed. I can barely breathe. I feel like I am stuck at the bottom of a river, and held down by a brick that's attached to my leg by a rope. I want to get up, but gravity isn't my friend, it's my enemy. I can lift my head, but I look down at my body and see blood. When I suddenly start to hear something.
   "Yes, she's in here. Help her HELP HER." says Samantha.
"I got her." says Hawk.
"No, stop. You don't want to see this." says Samantha.
"The hell I don't. Let me see her." says Hawk.
What are they talking about seeing. I move my head as far as I can. "What's going..." I can't finish my words, my throat feels like I have drank an entire bottle of hot sauce then swallowed some razor blades with it. "on?" I say. "Help.... please." I cry, wishing for someone to save me.
"We can't go in there, it's the ladies room." says Miguel.
"Don't be such a pussy. I'm going to go in and get her." says Hawk.
"No Hawk, that's not a good idea. She looks terrible." says Samantha.
"I don't fucking care. She is suffering when she could be getting help right now." Hawk says.
I see a hazy figure in the distance, walking towards me.
"Toda va a estar bien." .... it only could've been one person. Samantha.
"Sam help." I say, feeling numb.
"She can't pick you up. I got you." says Hawk.
A figure is picking me up, but I can barely see who it is.... is it Sam? Is it Hawk? Is it both Hawk and Sam and I just can't feel the other hands because I have lost feeling in my... well.. everything. But who is it? The suspense is killing me.
"I've got you." says a unfamiliar voice. That's not the weird geeky kids voice. It's not Samantha's and it's not Hawks. Who is this person?
"Dad, she's hurt. Bad." says Samantha.
"It's okay, I've got her." said Samantha's dad. Wait, is this the Daniel LaRusso guy? I must say he's strong. "We need to contact her family." says her dad.
"Shit, it has a password on it. Do you know what it is Hawk?" says Samantha.
"No." he pulls his head towards mine. "What's your password?" he says. ... like I can answer that dingus. Wait... actually I CAN! the password is my birthday ... all I have to do is say birthday and then tell him the number with my fingers. Easy peasy
"Birth....d- d- day" YAY I said it. Okay, now he should be ready to put in the numbers.
"Okay so it's your birthday. Can you say the words?" he says, like an idiot. I can barely say birthday, how do you think I can say September 23rd?! Think with your HEAD. I put a 9 up...
"Okay so 09... keep going."
I'm glad he got that, I was really starting to worry about his intelligence.
I have a 2 in one hand and a 3 in the other. Come on Hawk, you better know that it's 23.
"It's a two and a three, is it a five?" says Hawk.
NO ITS NOT A FIVE. Then all of a sudden heard.
"It's 23, put in 23!" says Samantha. I hazingly see hawk on my phone.
"Okay Kate, now what year." says Hawk. I'm 16, you know my birthday... what year do you fucking think dingus.
Samantha chimes in, "Are you fucking retarded?"
"No"
"She was born on September 23rd, and she is 16. She was obviously born in 2006." Samantha said, aggravated.
"Listen, I don't know what to do. I'm seriously wanting to go fuck some cobras up but hell no. She told me that we needed to discuss the whole Terry Silver shit in the car and I didn't fucking listen. This is my shit, my fault." says Hawk.
Does he seriously think that this happened because of the discussion we had in the truck? I can't believe he is beating himself up because of what happened. What do I do? I can't comfort him with anything. My throat feels like razor blades and Satan has spawned lava in my throat. My legs start to gain feeling. I feel as if I was hit by a bus and thrown into a building. I don't know what to do.
Samanthas dad starts to walk out of the bathroom, people rushing to see what has happened. "Will she be okay?" says one woman. "She looks practically dead." say another.
"She will be fine, we just need some space and to get her to a hospital." says Sams dad. Looking hazed around me.
"I'm going with you two." says Hawk.
"Why don't you text her dad on her phone and have him meet us at the hospital." says Daniel.
"Ok. We can put her in the backseat of my truck, it's big and long enough." says Hawk.
I have ruined my chance to be alone with Hawk. I should've never walked out of the stall. I should've stayed in there and waited for them to leave. I shouldn't have gotten in the middle of their fight.
"Good idea." says Daniel. "Miguel, ride with him and keep an eye on Kate in the backseat. Samantha, go to her house and get her a change of clothes for when she gets out of the hospital, she doesn't need to go out of the hospital covered in dried up blood."
Dried up blood? How long does he think I am going to be in there. It's just my face that is fucked up, my body is just in shock. Dammit. I have fucked up my evening.
"This is why I told you to always be ready for a fight, you could've taken all of those girls down Sam. I'm very disappointed." says Daniel.
He's disappointed? They picked her up and threw her out before she could even do anything... it's not her fault.
"Dad, I couldn't do anything. They picked me up and tossed me out like I was nothing. I didn't have time to defend myself because they didn't even throw a punch at me. They do what all Cobra Kai's do, they find a sacrificial lamb and slaughter it." she says.
Is this why Hawk didn't want me to join this karate war at all? I knew he would say everyday would be a battle, but this wasn't even a fight, it was an assault.
"Okay let's get her in the truck." says Daniel. "We need to get her to a hospital."
I get lifted into a truck, but then everything went from a haze to a disappearing haze, then all of a sudden.
Everything went black.