Chapter 10: The Fun is about to begin

A few hours past and it is currently 7:30, and we have finished unpacking everything. Thank goodness we are done with this shit.
   "And we are done. Great job kids." my dad says to all of us.
   "Yeah yeah, that's good. I'm going to my room." says Noah.
  You know he could be a little nicer to me and my friends.
   "So, seeing how we are finally done-" says Hawk
  My dad cuts him off, "Technically we aren't done. The U-Haul still has to be taken back to the place, I'm so exhausted though I might not take it back til in the morning."
   "Actually, if you just send me the U-Haul number so I can return it, I can go do it tonight." I say to my dad.
   "This is Los Angeles California honey. You aren't going by yourself to a place on the other side of town by yourself, you are only 16." my dad says, not thinking about how I am independent.
  "How about if I go with her, I mean after all I am the All Valley Champ in Karate. I can keep her company and it sounds fun." says Hawk, volunteering his time.
   "You know how to drive a Trailer?" my dad says.
  "Yes sir. I learned how to when me and mom were moving houses." says Hawk.
   "Okay then. Keys are in the plate. Also, bring me back something from In-N-Out, you know what I like Katie-Kat. Here is 40 bucks. It's for everyone." says my dad.
   "Why don't we drive behind you and stop somewhere after you drop off the trailer?" says Samantha.
   "I hate to interrupt," says my dad, "but I want my Katie-Kat here by 11:30 with my In-N-Out. And I don't want my car to have a scratch on it." my dad says, treating me like a child.
   "Yes sir." says Hawk, tilting his body towards us, "so where we going?"
    Miguel and Samantha says at the same time, "The Arcade!" Samantha adds, "It's so much fun."
   "Okay!" I say, excited.
  My dad says to me, "If you need anything and I mean ANYTHING, just remember I am a call away."
  "Okay, I love you." I say to my dad, walking towards him.
   "I love you too baby." my dad says, as he gives me a hug and kisses my forehead. "Now Hawk, I trust you to bring my daughter home safe and sound." says my dad.
     "Yes sir. I will take care of her to the best of my abilities." says Hawk.
   "You don't have to 'take care' of me. I am a fucking 16 year old." I say, independently.
    Hawk whispers to me, "I am not gonna babysit you, I'm just simply saying I will make sure that you don't get hurt."
    I groan, "Okay bodyguard." I say, sarcastic and pissed off.
   "It could be worse, you could just have to stay in the house all night." says Hawk.
  "That's true I guess."
"Okay what are we waiting for, it's 7:43 and we only have til 11:30. Let's go" says Miguel.
   "Okay, I'll call Tory and tell her to meet us there." says Robby.
   "I'll just text my dad and tell him I won't be home til 11:45." says Samantha.
  "I'll text my abuelalita and tell her I won't be home til 11:40. My mom has to work tonight at the hospital." says Miguel.
  "Hey Kate, do you want to walk with me over to my house to tell my mom?" says Hawk, making me feel included.
  "Uh, sure! I would love to meet her." I say.
"Okay, let's go." Hawk says, as he opens my front door. I walk out and he follows. "I wanted to get time for us to be alone." says Hawk.
   "Oh okay, why?" I say.
  "Well, let's start walking so nobody gets suspicious. They are kind of looking through the window like a bunch of fucking stalkers." Hawk says, as he looks at my Dad, Samantha, Miguel, and Robby staring at us through the window.
   "Oh okay." I say.
  "I just wanted to tell you that I will be careful driving and you are in good hands." says Hawk.
  I wonder why he is acting like this, less that 24 hours ago he will cursing his friend and saying he wasn't into 'blondes'.
  "My mom is really nice and shit, she's dope." says Hawk.
  "That's good to hear." I say.
We get to his house and he opens the door. "Come on in."
  "Hey mom. Where are you?" says Hawk.
"In the kitchen." she says.
  We walk into the kitchen and I see his mom, about 5'9, brunette with rollers in her hair. Pouring a glass of wine.
  "Oh I wish you would've told me that you was bringing company over." she says. Touching her rollers.
  "Oh, I'm sorry. Anyways, so this is Kate, the new girl that just moved here across the street." says Hawk.
  "The Kate. My son told me about you last night when he got home." she says.
  "Mom." Hawk says, glaring at her.
   "Anyways, here you go Eli." Hawks mom says as she reaches into her purse and hands him a 20 dollar bill. "I know why you are coming over here. Jerry Messenger'ed me while you were heading over here." 
   Hold up, she's already Facebook friended my dad? How does she know his name?
   "So, have you met my dad before?" I say to Hawks mom.
   "Yes, we went to Highschool together." she says.
  I knew my dad went to Highschool over here. That's when he met mom.
   "I'm so sorry to hear of your mothers passing dear." says Hawks mom.   
   "Mom, what the hell?" says Hawk.
  "No no no, it's okay. Thank you Mrs....?"
    "Moskowitz." she says.
  "Okay." I say.
     "Alright. Well thanks mom." Hawk says, grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards the door. I pull back.
    "It was nice meeting you Mrs. Moskowitz." I say.
"The pleasure is all mine darling." she says.
   "Okay I will be back by 12." says Hawk.
  "Pardon me.. 12?" says my mom. "Kates father is demanding her back by 11:30." she says.
  "Yeah, but after I get her home, her dad will want to talk and stuff then of course there is the final goodbye for the night with Kate. So it will be about 12." he says.
   "Okay, if anything happens, you better call me. Unlike what happened last time." says Mrs Moskowitz.
   "Okay okay." says Hawk, pulling me towards the door.
   "Have a good time, but not too much fun." his mom says, following a cackle.
  He opens the front door then pulls it shut. "Sorry about her, she can be embarrassing sometimes." he says.
   "Do you see how my dad treats me? That was practically nothing." I say,
  "Oh okay, well let's get going." says Hawk.
  Samantha, Miguel, and Robby rush outside of my house. "We have got to go pick up Tory, so we will meet you there?" says Samantha.
   "Okay, sounds good." says Hawk.
  The night of fun is fixing to begin.