Chapter 38: Coming clean

"So you are saying that the baby that you aborted is buried in your backyard in a garden." Hawk said.
   "Yeah, and now you are one of only 3 people who know." I respond. "You can't tell my dad. Please Hawk." I say, starting to cry.
    Mr LaRusso and Sensei Lawrence walk in.
  "What the hell is going on here?" Mr LaRusso says.
  I look to Hawk, giving him the please don't tell face. I hope he doesn't.
   "Nothing. She was just telling me about what happened." he says. "A doctor from the burn unit is going to come and check out the burns on her arms and legs."
   "The burn unit? This has gone too far." Mr LaRusso says.
   "Hey, come outside with me." Sensei Lawrence says.
  "What the hell do you want." says Mr LaRusso, saying it to where I can hear. Hawk looks to me, like he doesn't want me to hear what they are going to say.
  "This is a bad situation and the one who is suffering the most is the person in that room on that bed. You freaking out is going to make her freak out. You need to keep a strong look on your face because you aren't the one who that happened to." Sensei Lawrence says.
  "Johnny, she is like my kid. If that ever happened to Sam... I just can't think about that. The point is we need to do something about it."
  "I think so too, but right now she is scared and vulnerable and we can't make any huge emotions or she will have a total fucking meltdown. Now you need to either stop acting this way or go out to the waiting room."
  Hawk looks to me, then walks outside. "Shut the hell up, she can hear everything you two are saying and if anything that's what is freaking her out. I don't care which one of you goes to the waiting room but one of you needs to." he says.
  "It is?" Mr LaRusso says, looking into the room that I am in. "Well one of us adults needs to stay in there."
  I get up and walk outside. "Sensei Lawrence, Mr LaRusso. I want both of you to stay. Just please stop." I say, then turning to go back into the room.
  "You heard her." Hawk says, pointing to the inside of the room.
  Sensei Lawrence and Mr LaRusso walk in, going to both sides of me. Hawk sits back in his chair and looks to his phone.
  "You're going to be okay." Sensei Lawrence says.
  I just look up at him and look down.
I look down and realize that this is my fate. Being in a hospital. Being a 'victim'. All of it. This is what's supposed to be happening. I mean heaven forbid I live a normal life like a normal person.
  "Hello I'm Doctor Shapiro. I'm from the Burn Unit. I need everyone to step outside for a moment while I check her out." he says.
  "Okay." Mr LaRusso says, walking out.
Doctor Shapiro looks to Sensei Lawrence. "Seeing how you are the father you can stay." he says.
  "I'm n-"
"It's okay Johnny, you can stay in." Mr LaRusso says, glaring at him.
  "Okay." Johnny says. Walking away from the door.
"Shut the door please." Mr Shapiro says, approaching me.
  "I'm here to check out those burns on your..." he looks to his notepad. "Left and right bicep, and your right hamstring and left thigh."
   "Yeah." I say.
  "Okay let's check it out." He says. I remove my shirt. Sensei Lawrence looks with fear for my life. A look of despair.
  "Okay... so these look like 3rd Degree burns. Okay let me check out the ones on your legs." he says. I put on my shirt and take off my shorts. He looks in the inner part of my thigh where the burn is.
  "I have never seen anything like this." he says in disbelief.
   I have a look of defeat on my face. I am so curious what he means by that though. I have to ask.
  "What do you mean you haven't seen anything like that?" I ask, looking down at him, examining my inner thigh.
  "Nothing ma'am. I'm going to talk to your dad outside."
  Ugh he's not my dad.
   I see him open the door and Mr LaRusso and Hawk run up to him. He closes the door, but I can hear what he says.
  "Ok, so seeing how you are her guardian-"
"I'm not her guardian."
   "Then who is?"
  "I am." Mr LaRusso says.
   "Anyways. So I know that is Kate Salvatore. I saw her on the news about an hour/hour and a half ago. Was she really brutally kidnapped?"
  "Can you fucking see her?" Sensei Lawrence says , getting mad with his tone.
  "Anyways, so I am going to prescribe some cream for the burn on her hamstring, and her biceps. However, the burn on her thigh is so bad I will have to prescribe her pills and give her a special cream. Whenever it heals, it will leave a scar. It would also be good to buy an aloe Vera plant leaf and tape it to her leg while she is sleeps."
   Tape? I remember the tape on my face, the tape in his hand. I'm taken back to that moment. I can remember that guy telling me to shut up. I remember everything.
  "Ok we will." Mr LaRusso says.
"I have to go back to the burn unit but a nurse will be in here in a minute to stitch her up and send you all on your way."
  "Okay." Mr LaRusso says, walking into the room