Chapter 29: Game Night!

I wake up to Hawk nudging me on my shoulder.
"Kate, it's almost time for everyone to get here." Hawk says.
"Ugh, really?" I say, wishing to sleep for a while longer.
"Yeah, everything is getting set up. Samantha's parents are going to be back from the dealership soon so I need to go on downstairs, I don't think they would like the idea of me sleeping in their guest bed with a girl."
"Oh, they are strict." I say.
"Yeah, you know, not all parents allow their daughters special guy friends to 'sleep over'." he says, glaring at me.
"That's true." I respond, rubbing my eyes.
"See you in a bit." he says, kissing me on the forehead.
I finally have a few minutes all to myself. Nobody to annoy me about anything.
"Hey." Samantha says, walking in.
"Please don't push the chair on me already." I say.
"I'm not, don't worry." she says, "I'll give you a few minutes to wake up then push you to the bathroom to touch up." she adds.
"Of course."
"Anyway, what did you and Hawk talk about while you were taking your 'nap'." she says.
"Literally nothing, I was actually sleeping." I respond.
"Oh... okay." Samantha says.
"Yeah, we are very chill." I respond.
"Anyways, ready to go get ready?" she asks.
"Sure." I respond, getting out of bed and into the chair.
"After tomorrow, no more chair for you, unless you start to feel bad, then we will call the doctor." Samantha says, wow such confidence in my health.
"Yeah. I'm ready to get out of this thing." I say, her pushing me to the bathroom down the hall. "Why are you babying me about this whole wheelchair situation?"
"Because I want to have another girl on the team that's good at karate. I want to share my bonsai badass title." she says.
"I'm actually leaning towards Eagle Fang. I would like to have someone who will push me like how Sensei Lawrence does." I say.
"They are together, but I can see why you want to be on Eagle Fang. Sensei Lawrence pushes people to be the best they can be. He helps them shed their 'loser skin' and become badass. That's why he and my dad chose to be a team, so we can have a perfect balance between defense and offense." Samantha says.
"AYYYY WE ARE HERE." Miguel yells.
"We certainly are." says Robby, loud enough to where we can hear it upstairs. Robby adds, "I have a plus one if you don't mind."
"Plus one?" I whisper to Samantha.
"Tory Nichols, she used to be my rival, but we have turned over a new leaf." she adds. "Come on, let's go down there."
"Okay." I add, wait, she used to beat Samantha up, wow.
I walk down the stairs, Samantha following me to put the wheelchair down so I can get on it.
"Hey Tory." Samantha says.
"Hey, I wasn't sure what to bring so I brought cookies." she adds.
"Thanks, just put them on the table." she says, pointing to the dining room.
Tory does and comes back. "So you must be Kate." she says, looking at me.
"Yep, I am indeed Kate." I add. "What gave me away, the wheelchair? Or the freaky Freddy Krueger scar on my face."
"So.... Cobra Kai already got you. I'm so glad I'm out of that place, Terry Silver really is sick in the head." she said. "Do you know what he had done to me?"
"What?" I add, intrigued with what she had to say.
"I 'won' the All-Valley and he repayed me by having me punch a concrete wall until I punched through it." she says as she shows me her hand, her knuckles swollen, scarred.
"Oh my god, could you not walk away from it?" I ask.
"He put Sensei's from all over the globe stand as guards in-front of every exit." she says.
"That is insane." I add.
"Yeah no shit." she adds, retrieving her hands back to her person.
"He's my great uncle. I just moved here to get to know my moms side of the family, she died a few months ago." I say.
"That's crazy, how did you get beat up?"
"Well, some of the Cobra Kais were at the Arcade when Sam Miguel Hawk and I went and they ganged up on me and Sam in the bathroom." I say.
"The crazy thing is Robby and I were about to go with you all that night. I could've been there to get them." she says.
"Enough of the depressing shit, who is ready to play some Mario Kart." Miguel says.
"I am going to be Yoshi." says Demetri.
"You can have him haha." Robby says.
"I'm going to be Bowser." Anthony says.
"Of course you are." says Hawk.
"I'm going to be Mario." says Hawk.
"I'm going to be Daisy." I say.
"Uh, I'm Daisy and Miguel is going to be Luigi." Samantha says.
"Oh okay, so I will just be..."
"Be Peach." Tory says.
"Okay sure." I say, selecting Princess Peach
"Okay. So how are we going to play?" Demetri says.
"Tournament style." Tory says.
"Okay, we will have one girl and one guy champion. Miguel and Robby have to race first, then me and Anthony, then whoever wins will go against each other, then go against Hawk." Demetri says.
"Why Hawk?" I ask.
"Because when we last played Hawk won. That and there is an uneven amount of guys."
"So will we do the same thing with the girls?" I ask.
"Well, no. The girls are going to be completely different. Whoever wins in Rock Paper Scissors will be the one they go against in the final."
"Oh okay."
We play Mario Kart, tournament style.
"HAHA SUCK IT LOSER." Miguel says, as he beats Hawk.
"Dammit stupid banana peels." Hawk says.
"We have a new guys Mario Kart champion." Demetri says, putting it in his notepad. "Our women's and men's Mario Kart champions are Samantha LaRusso and Miguel Diaz, congratulations, you each get a 5 dollar gift card to Chick-Fil-A.
"Hells yeah, I'm getting a milkshake and some nuggets." Miguel says.
Samantha's parents walk in.
"As much as we love seeing everyone get along, we need you all to go home, it's 11." Mrs LaRusso says.
"Dammit." says Miguel.
"This sucks." Robby adds.
"Let's go." Tory says to Miguel and Robby.
"Come on Demetri, I gotta take you home." Hawk says. He walks by me, "Goodnight Kate, see you tomorrow."
Everyone says there goodbyes. Then Miguel and Robby run back in. "Yeah we are taking these cookies and chips." they add.
"NO NOT THE DORITOS. Dammit." Anthony says.
"We are glad to see someone is feeling better." Mrs LaRusso says walking up to me. She starts to check my forehead and cheeks. "You feel fine." she adds.
"Bedtime Anthony, you know the drill." Mr LaRusso says.
"Dammit this is bull, my bedtime is 11:30 and Samantha doesn't have one."
"Yeah because most of the time she goes to bed early."
And I go upstairs and go to bed. Finally, I get to sleep in solitude.