Chapter 43: Exposed

"What do you mean by you need a gun and an airplane ticket?"
"I'm going to kill my brother." I say. With a look of seriousness on my face.
"You aren't serious..." Hawk says.
"He told.. everyone." I say.
"Maybe he got hacked, maybe it wasn't him."
"Bull fucking shit." I say, looking at him.
"Kate.." Samantha says. "What's going on."
"I- I-" I say, my voice departing from me. I don't know what to say. I've deliberately lied to my friends. I've kept a huge secret from almost EVERYONE in my life... even my dad. He's going to be so mad at me.
"Why did you feel like you couldn't tell me?" Samantha says, walking up to me.
"It's-" I look to Samantha, giving her my full attention. "It's more complicated than that."
"I mean how are you feeling about this Hawk?" Samantha says, looking to him. Oh shit. He knows.
"I found out a few hours ago at the hospital. The nurse had her file and stuff, that's how I found out."
"So everyone knew but me?" Samantha says.
"I didn't." Anthony says. Shocked.
"Oh shut the hell up." Samantha says.
"Well you wanna know something. My dad is going to find out when he wakes up. So trust me, you aren't the only one who doesn't know." I say.
Samantha's face goes from feeling left out to feeling sorrowful.
"He really..... doesn't know?"
"Yeah.. well he will when he wakes up." I say.
"BREAKING NEWS." the TV screeches, forcing our bodies towards it.
"Tesla Co-Owner Jerry Salvatore's daughter gave herself an abortion. Anonymous sources sent, "Katelyn Salvatore isn't who you think she is. She is a monster. She gave herself an abortion at the age of 11. If you don't believe me then check her medical records." The anonymous person wrote. Once we found out. We took a look into her medical history, showing that when she was Eleven years old. She was pregnant."
   "I didn't do that I swear." I say. Looking to the TV in disbelief.
  "Kate. All of the records make sense. We know the truth, but the rest of America doesn't know."
  "Especially my dad... I-" I start to feel bad. Like my body is rejecting everything. "I'm gonna barf." I run to the bathroom. I lean over the toilet, but nothing comes out. I guess I didn't need to throw up. I feel terrible.
  Mrs LaRusso runs to the bathroom. "Amanda." Mr LaRusso says, as she's running to me. "What Daniel? She needs someone to comfort her. Her entire world is being destroyed in the palm of her hands."
   I hear a knocking on the door. "Are you decent?" Amanda says, leaning on the door.
  "Yeah." I say.
  She walks into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her, she kneels down to where I am, sitting on the floor with my head propped on the bathtub.
  "I'm here for you." she says. "Is there anything you want to say? I will not tell a soul."
  "I just." I say, trying to find the words. "I didn't expect for my own brother to say that. To post that. He knows that he is in the wrong, but he doesn't care. I want to kill him." I say.
  "Listen. I know that you are really mad at him right now, but he might've not even sent that."
  "You don't know my brother like how I do. I know he is capable of something like that. I just want to go to my dad and explain to him what happened. He can't think that all of this is because of him. Mom and I should've told him as soon as we even thought about doing it."
   "But. You were afraid of being tied down with a child at as young of an age as you were."
  "But.. I haven't had a single period since. I don't understand why but I just haven't."
  "Not a single one?" Mrs LaRusso says.
"No." I respond.
   She gets an odd look on her face. She knows something I don't.. what's wrong with me?
  "What's wrong with me?" I say.
"Nothings wrong with you." she says, sitting her body beside mine, pressing my head onto her shoulder. "Everything is going to be okay."
   I hear a banging outside.
"Let me see what's going on." Mrs LaRusso says.
  I hear someone yell, then everything goes silent.
I lie in the bathroom. I hear another knocking at the door.
    "Katie-Kat? Can you please come out of the bathroom?"
    I stand up and run to the door, then proceed to open the door.
  "Dad? What are you doing here?"
"I heard about what happened on my flight over. I already planned the flight from earlier and I got on the plane even though you said not to. Are you ok?"
   "Dad." I say, throwing my body to his, hugging him, starting to cry. "Dad I'm so glad you came." I say.
  "I have to fly back tomorrow evening but I still had to come here to see you."
  He hugs me, and I feel like a kid again. This hug reminds me of when I was little and I saw a creepy clown at the fair. I ran to my father and he hugged me, protecting me from the world. I feel protected.
  "Jerry, can we all have a word in the other room?" Mr LaRusso says.
  "Yes, of course." he adds, pulling his body away from mine. "I'll be right back baby." he says.
  They walk into the dining room.
I look to the people in-front of me. Samantha, Anthony, and Hawk.
   They don't say a word.
  I walk to the living room and sit down on the couch. 
"We are here for you." Samantha says, singing me a hug.
  "Thank you." I respond.