Chapter 69: The Lobby

I enter the lobby and see Samantha, Mr LaRusso, Hawk, and Noah. Noah is just getting sat down in one chair away from Hawk, and Samantha and Mr LaRusso is staring at me.
I walk closer to them and then Noah says, "You can sit right here."
I look to him then sit down beside him, and Hawk is on the other side of me.
"Hey." Hawk says.
"Hey." I respond plainly.
"Are you okay?" he asks me.
"I'm fine." I respond.
"Ok, do you want me to go get you a coffee or water or something?" he asks softly.
"I'm good. Thank you for asking though." I reply to his question.
He looks over me to Noah. "What are you doing here?"
"I came to support Kate." Noah says, looking to Hawk.
"You seemed really supportive when you came by that night and tried hurting Kate and threatening her." he says.
  "Hawk." I say.
"No, I deserve that. I deeply apologize for my behavior Hawk." Noah says.
  Hawk gets up. "Noah, come with me."
  "Ok." Noah responds, they get up and walk away.
   I follow shortly behind them to see what is about to happen.
  Samantha creeps up behind me, whispering. "What are you doing?"
   "Sh." I silence her. I point her at Hawk and Noah and she catches onto the hint and eavesdrops with me.
   "Listen to me. I don't know what kind of game you are playing, but you aren't in control here, I am. So Kate might fall for your bullshit, but I won't let her get hurt because of you. You have really fucked around with her and I'm damn sure not going to let her turn into you. Do you hear me?" Hawk says, standing his ground.
   Noah responds, "Yes. I'm sorry that-"
  Hawk cuts him off and pushes him towards a wall. "Saying you're sorry isn't gonna fix what you have done. Show it and shut the hell up before I shut you up."
   Noah takes the words that Hawk is saying and shoves them down. "You are right."
"I'm glad we had this little talk." Hawk says. "But remember what I said, or else there will be hell to pay. You see, I was a Cobra Kai one time too, and I'm not afraid to cut the head off of a little snake." Hawk says, walking away from Noah, heading towards us.
Samantha grabs me and pulls me into the bathroom.
"I can't believe that just happened." Samantha says. "The fact that you two are broken up makes that even more important."
  "Yeah.. that's true." I say, unsure of my answer.
"Wait.. are you two..?"
    "I don't know. Hawk and I had a little moment before I walked into the courtroom with him."
   Samantha's eyes open wide and a smile appears. "What happened?"
  "We just had a little moment." I say.
   "You never explain this stuff to me. What happened?" she asks, determined to get my response.
   "He lifted me and set me down on a table then before we kissed Sensei Lawrence walked in."
  "Were your legs open?" she asks.
"They were wrapped around his waist." I respond.
  "I can almost bet that Sensei Lawrence is going to tell my mom and dad. Unless- nevermind." she says.
  "Unless. UNLESS." I raise my voice.
  She silences me. "Be quiet. Fine I will tell you." she looks to me. "When Miguel was first his student, Johnny encouraged him to get out in the dating world."
   "And what does that have to do with me?" I ask.
"He might remember what it's like to be a teenager." she says.
   "Thanks. Give me hope and then show me that it's a little nudge, like taking candy from a baby."
  "The thing is.. you are a looker. So he might realize that it was pure physical attraction."
   "Because that's what every parent wants to see." I respond sarcastically.
"Hey. He is pretty cool, so he might not say anything. Think of the positive." she says.
"He said and I quote 'We will talk about this later.' Does that mean he will just let it go? Because if it does then please let me know." I respond.
"Just try to not think about that right now. The point is you and Hawk had a heated moment. Are you two going to get back together?" Samantha asks me.
Why does she always ask questions that I clearly don't have the answer to.
"I don't know." I respond. "I simply don't know."
"Well you can think about that later, we got bigger problems than this right now." Samantha says.
"The court case?" I respond.
"Or we can discuss how Hawk just went Cobra Kai on your brother. I haven't seen him act like that since he was in Cobra Kai."
"Yeah, that's just so weird. Why would he even say that to him? Threatening to kick his ass? That's not him." I respond.
"It's not. If I were you I would talk to him." she says.
"I'll try."
"Good, now let's go before they send out the search party." Samantha says.
"Actually, can you give me a minute in here alone?" I ask.
"Sure." she responds, as she is walking to the door.
I have so much on my mind right now. Noah isn't my biological brother, things are so complicated with Hawk right now, and I don't know how to talk to either of them about it.
I just choke down my feelings and step outside into the lobby.
"Kate what happened? I thought you wanted them to get put away." Mr LaRusso says.
"I do. I just- I just saw them and got scared." I say.
"They can't hurt you." Mrs LaRusso says, pulling me to a chair.
"You can't just tell me to hide my fear of them. Have you forgotten about what they did? Let me remind you. They ABUSED ME. They tried to RAPE ME. Are you just going to forget about that?" I say.
"No, just lower your voice." Mrs LaRusso says.
"Just calm down." Mr LaRusso says.
Calm down? They probably think I'm a crazy person right now.
Someone walks up to us. "Katelyn Salvatore?"
I look to her. "Yes?"
"We are ready for you." she says.