Chapter 45: Falsely Accused

"Okay." I say, looking to her. She walks back into the other room.
"Everything will be okay. They are probably going to blow this entire thing out of proportion and stuff. Take what they say with a grain of salt." Hawk says, looking at me to stay positive.
"Thanks." I say, holding his hand, him holding mine back.
"You got this." Hawk says.
I get up and walk into the room. My father on one side of the table, and Mrs and Mr LaRusso on the other.
"Sit down baby." my dad says, with a depressed look on his face.
"Before we say anything. We are going to give you and your dad a minute by yourselves." Mrs LaRusso says. "Daniel." she adds, following by the both of them getting up and walking out of the room, shutting the rolling doors behind them.
"Baby. I'm sorry." my dad says.
"What for? You didn't do anything wrong." I say, grabbing his hand that's on the table.
"I'm sorry that I wasn't there for you, and I'm deeply sorry for making you feel like you couldn't tell me about the... abortion. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you."
"Dad. I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to be ashamed of me. Mom and I thought that if you didn't find out then you wouldn't be as upset about it. I realize I should've told you and I'm so so sorry that I have lied to you for this long." I say.
"I mean you don't even have a scar from it on your stomach. How?"
"Because it's on the lower part of my stomach. Look." I say, standing up and folding down my shorts to reveal the scar on my stomach.
When he sees it he loses it. He leans over the chair and hugs me. "My baby girl." he says, starting to cry.
The emotions get to me and I start to hug him back crying. "I'm so sorry dad."
"I have just one question.... where did you go to get that done? There was no clinics in town." my dad asks.
"We went to the low-profile abortion clinic on the outskirts of town. It was completely confidential and we knew if we went to the one in Salt Lake City it would've been everywhere about what we done." I add.
"....baby. Did you know about what happened there?" my dad asks.
"No?" I add. "What's wrong?" I add.
"That place had a reputation of being one of the most dangerous places to get an abortion in all of Utah."
"I know but you had just become a Co-Owner of Tesla and I didn't want you to get into any problems with anyone about it." I add.
"You don't understand.... one of the risks of having an abortion there is Sterilization." my dad says.
"That doesn't make sense. Mom wouldn't take me anywhere that could risk my future. She wouldn't do that to me." I say to him.
"But she would've if it meant our social profile was at risk." my dad says.
"No she wouldn't. How dare you accuse her of something like that. She would never put her own daughter in danger to protect her own reputation." I start to yell.
"She would've. She had-"
"DAD DAMMIT STOP." I yell.
"Katie-Kat-"
"DON'T YOU DARE KATIE KAT ME. I KNOW MY MOM AND MY MOM LOVED ME AND WOULD NEVER CAUSE ME TO BE IN DANGER. SHE IS THE ONLY PERSON WHO WAS EVER AROUND. YOU WERE NEVER THERE. ALWAYS ON YOUR DAMN BUSINESS TRIPS. SO DON'T YOU DARE INSULT HER." I yell, frustrated, tired, and angry.
Mr LaRusso walks in. "Hey is everything ok?"
"No, no ITS NOT." I start to yell again.
"Ok just calm down I am sure we can figure everything out." he says.
"No we can't Mr LaRusso. My dad thinks that my mom had me sterilized." I say, walking out the back door, slamming the door behind me.
Hawk runs outside to where I am. "What was all of the screaming about?"
"Don't worry about it." I say.
I see Mrs LaRusso walking out to where we are. "Hawk, go back inside. I need to talk to Kate about something." she says.
"Yes ma'am." Hawk says, looking to me. I give him a look to go on in.
Hawk walks back inside and shuts the door, leaving me out here with Mrs LaRusso.
"Kate. Listen I know that-"
"You know that what? You know that I am angry with my father for not only accusing my mom of having me sterilized, but also implying that I will never have kids. You know she meant the world to me, and I know in my heart that she wouldn't hurt me." I add.
"I know you probably think that, but it would make sense if she did." Mrs LaRusso says.
"What makes you think that?" I ask, wanting to hear what she has to say.
"You said that you haven't had a single period since the abortion right?" she asks.
"Yeah but what does that have to do with anything?"
"Whenever you are sterilized, you no longer have the ability to reproduce. Having your period helps your Uterus get cleaned out so if you did get pregnant it would be healthier for you and the baby. If you are sterilized, then your body no longer needs to clean out anything because you will not be reproducing." she says.
"So you think I am childless as well? Oh great, that's amazing." I say.
"I'm not saying that, but we will find out Monday. I made you an OBGYN appointment."
"Good." I say.
"Let's go back inside." Mrs LaRusso says.
"Whatever." I respond.
I walk inside and my dad looks to me.
"Listen I'm sorry, it just wouldn't surprise me if Eleanor done something like that. I shouldn't have made assumptions."
"It's okay dad. Let's just go home and sleep for a while and spend the day together before you have to leave again." I say, looking to Mrs LaRusso.
"You can leave your stuff here." Mrs LaRusso says.
"Okay. I will bring more clothes though." I respond.
"Hawk you can stay the night unless you want to go home for tonight you can stay here and still stay from tomorrow night until the next few weeks." Mr LaRusso says.
"Why?" my dad asks.
"Well.. we decided that one of the ways to keep Kate safe was to make her feel comfortable, and out of all of the guys it was Hawk who is the closest to her." Mr LaRusso says.
"Oh ok." my dad says. "Well Noah just texted me and he's here with the truck. We took separate cabs from the Airport so he could get it. He will also be going back with me. He is loving New York."
I have a look of anger on my face. My eyebrows scrunch, my eyes become more and more squinted. I resent him for everything he has done to me.
"Come on Kate, let's go." my dad says.