Chapter 51: Sushi Rolls and Arguments

I walk into the LaRusso house and shift my body to the stairwell, and head up to the guest room. I walk up the stairs and into the hallway whenever I see Samantha. She walks up to me.
"Hold out your hand."
"Okay?" I say, in a questionable, yet curious tone. I hold out my hand and she grabs my wrist and pulls me into the guest room.
"Kate. We have a SERIOUS problem." she says.
"What happened?" I ask. She shows me her phone.
"It got leaked to the internet this morning." she says, I look to the screen and I see my younger self in the abortion clinic. That's so odd. Noah didn't say anything about figuring out at the clinic.
"It's okay. The world knows now, it's no longer a secret. I have to accept the fate of the situation." I say, realizing my personal growth.
"Are you sure that this is ok?" she asks.
"Let the media talk. At this point I'm kind of done."
"Okay. I am going to let you get ready, we are going to get some sushi before Karate." Samantha says.
"Sounds fun. I'm down." I say.
I get on my lavender purple tank top and my black shorts. I grab my white On Cloud shoes and grabbed my phone and headed down the stairs. I go down the stairs and see Samantha and Anthony sitting on the couch.
  "Are you ready?" she asks.
"Yeah." I responded, then Anthony chimed in.
  "Even though you didn't ask, I'm ready."
  She gives Anthony a judgmental look. "Okay." she says. We head out the door and go to her car.
  When we get in the car Samantha gives me a look that's hard to define. "Your face doesn't look as bad as it did yesterday." she said.
  "Thanks. They mostly just got my stomach and arms and legs." I say.
  "Oh okay." she responds.
I look back to Anthony, and gives me a look of worry and then looks to his phone. "Oh, and by the way dad said to bring your Sais."
  "I always have them. They are in the console." Samantha says, looking to me. "You can never tell when a karate war is coming."
  "Oh." I respond.
   "Were you still wanting to go to that party Friday night?" Samantha said.
  "Yeah." I respond.
"Oh okay." she says.
I feel my phone vibrate so I go to look at my phone, it's a text message from Hawk.
"Are you almost here?"
I look to Samantha, and ask, "How far are we from the Sushi place?"
"About 10 minutes." she says.
I look back to my phone and respond. "Around 10 mins. Be there soon!" I put the phone down and look back to the road. In the corner of my eye I see Samantha looking at me.
"How's it going with you and Hawk?"
"It's going fine."
She makes a sound. I look at her.
"What?"
"What's wrong? Did something happen?" she asks.
"No. Why are you reacting like that?" I ask.
"Nobody in a relationship is just 'fine'. So what happened?"
"Nothing happened. That's why I am asking you why you are reacting like a CRAZY person."
"Oh. Well, if you want to tell me the problem. Im here."
"There is no problem." I say.
"Okay." she responds, not believing my words.
Anthony leans up and looks to me. " 'Fine' doesn't sound good. Maybe they just don't go together anymore."
"Anthony shut up you are not in this conversation." Samantha says.
"I mean as being a person in your car I am definitely open to conversation."
"I think if you don't want a beating than you better shut your mouth."
"Oh my look who's getting ticked off." Anthony says, testing her nerves.
  "Okay that's it." Samantha says, as she is pulling over the vehicle. She looks back to Anthony. "I am so serious right now. Do NOT test me." she says.
"Oh I'm SO SCARED." Anthony says.
She turns her body around. "When we get to the Sushi place, you are on your own, I'm not paying for your shit." she says, starting the car back.
"COME ON." Anthony yells. "This is bullshit."
We keep on towards the sushi bar in silence and get to the sushi place. I walk in and see Hawk, he gestures my body to the table. When I get there, he looks to me.
"Hey. How are you feeling?" he asks.
"I feel fine." I respond.
"Oh okay. You ready for training today?"
"Yeah." I respond quietly.
The waitress walks up and takes our orders. I ordered a California Roll, Hawk ordered a Flaming Dragon Roll, Samantha ordered a Rainbow Roll for her and Tory to split, Miguel ordered a Spicy Tuna Roll, Robby ordered the same thing as Miguel, and Anthony ordered a Salmon Roll.
About a half of an hour passed and we completed our meals, and each paid for our half, and put in a few dollars for the waitresses tip. When we go to leave the restaurant, Hawk looks to me and whispers.
"Can you ride with me to the dojo? There was something I was wanting us to talk about."
"Yeah I can." I say, walking to where Samantha and Miguel are. "I'm going to ride with Hawk to the dojo, see you there!" I say.
"Okay I will see you there." Samantha says.
Hawk and I exit the Sushi Bar and enter his truck.