Chapter 33: Hanging on for dear life

I have to keep my grip on this building. At least until Sensei Lawrence gets here. I don't know why I decided to go first... what the hell was I possibly thinking? I look down, oh god, maybe I shouldn't have done that. Please hurry Sensei Lawrence, please hurry.
  "There isn't enough time for him to get over there. I have to jump." Samantha says.
  "No no no, no I got this, I can hold for a little while longer." I say.
"With how she is holding on she will be able to hold on for another. 45 to 50 seconds."
"Yeah that is not enough."
   "Be careful." Demetri says.
  "Don't worry I got you." says a familiar voice. Who is it? It's not Samantha or Sensei Lawrence. Who is this mystery person?
  "Tory? Thank god." Samantha says. I feel someone pulling on me, lifting me from the edge of the building onto the surface.
  "You good?" Tory says, looking to me. I'm have no words, I go to move my mouth but nothing comes out.
  "Did you hear me? Are you okay?" Tory says, repeating herself.
  "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I say.
   Sensei Lawrence runs towards us. "Nichols?" he says, surprised.
  "Yeah I was going to come to Eagle Fang practice today, but I got the wrong building, but then heard someone in trouble so I ran to help."
  "Thank you." Sensei Lawrence says. "OKAY THATS ALL FOR TODAY LETS HEAD BACK TO MIYAGI DO."
  "Seriously that's it?" I ask.
"I'm not going to put anyone else's life in danger today." he responds.
  "I'll take Kate and Samantha back." Tory says.
"You're going back to Miyagi-Do?" Sensei Lawrence asks.
  "Yeah. That is, if I'm welcome to come?" she asks.
"Hell yeah you are." Sensei Lawrence adds.
   We walk down the stairs. Tory's hand on my back, Sensei Lawrence in-front of us. I suddenly feel numbness in my legs.
  "Oh god." I say, falling to the ground.
"Oh my god. Are you okay?" Tory asks.
  "I don't know." I say, as I get up. I can barely walk.
"I got you." Sensei Lawrence says, picking me up. Oh god I feel like a child. "We need to get her to a hospital now."
  "No no no, not back to that place please." I say.
"I'll drive her." Tory says.
  "Please don't take me back there PLEASE."
"What is going on?" Samantha says, running to us.
  "She fell to the ground, she can barely walk." Sensei Lawrence says.
"We need to get her back to the hospital." Samantha says.
   "No I don't need to go there, I can walk, just let me prove it to you." I say.
  "Ok. If you can walk from here to Tory's car without struggle, then we will not take you to the hospital."
  "Okay." I say, him putting me down.
I walk to Tory's car. No problem at all.... well not exactly... I hope that they didn't see me stumble.
  "I'm calling the doctor." Samantha says, getting a business card out of her phone case.
  I hear a click in the car. "Get in." Tory says.
"Hey Doctor O'Brien. It's Samantha Larusso, you had Kate Salvatore, you let her go about 3 days ago." Samantha says, getting into the car, shutting the door. A silence comes over the car, they talk for a minute. I just text Hawk.
"Hey, I'm probably about to go back to the hospital."
"Okay, so it's just trauma paralysis? How long will it last?"
I send another message. "Nevermind, heading back to Miyagi-Do." I send.
"Is everything ok? What happened?" he sends back.
"Okay so rest for a few hours and she will be okay?" Samantha asks, "Are you sure we don't need to take her to the hospital?"
Tory looks to me in the backseat, then to Sam, then back to the road. I wonder what's going through her head... probably 'Who the hell is this crazy girl, she is fucking insane' or some kind of crazy thoughts.
"Okay Doctor O'Brien, thank you."
I look to my phone. "Just some random thing happened. I'm fine." I send.
"Ok, hope you are good❤️" He is so supportive. So sweet.
"Thank you ❤️" I send back.
"She will be okay." Tory says to Samantha, speaking as if I'm not here.
"Hello? Don't talk about me like I am not in the same vehicle as you two." I say.
"You're right, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said it like that."
"WHY is EVERYONE always looking at me like a victim, like I am some sort of sad ass little kid and I need help. You know I don't need help from anyone. I'm fine on my own. I didn't need anyone when I was in Utah and I don't need anyone here. Stop the car." I say, Tory starts to pull over.
I get out of the car. "I'm done." I say, shutting the car door and walking. I am so done with the sorry ass looks, I'm done with everyone seeing me as a victim. I'm just done.
"Come on Kate, get back in the car." Samantha says.
"Why should I? So you can pity me more? I am done Sam. I AM DONE."
"Kate please." Samantha says.
"I'll find my own way. Bye." I say, running away. I have to get away from here, I have to get out of this place. I can't stand anyone or myself, I can't live with this mess. I can't be around anyone.
I walk down the road. Trying to figure out what to do with myself... with everything.
All of a sudden a car pulls up beside me as I am walking. "That's her alright, get her."
Get her? What? Who is it? I turn my body.
I see three people running towards me, I run away, but I am not fast enough. They grab me, one covering my mouth, the other two picking my body up. I bite the persons hand.
"HEEEEEEEELP." I scream, but nobody comes.
"You are gonna regret that." The person says, putting tape over my mouth.
I get thrown into the back of a van. Not again. Not me. Dammit. I feel tears running down my face. I just want freedom.
I see some sort of fog leaking in through a machine.
Everything starts to get fuzzy, then it turns to nothing.
  Everything is black