Chapter 31: Let the training begin

We pull up to the dojo. I get out of the car and get to the back door and pull out the crutches in the back seat and get them under my arms. I am not sure how to feel about using these, but at least I am about to get some freedom away from them.
"So I think we are going to be partnering up today." Samantha says. "I was wondering if maybe you wanted to partner up. It would be great to not spar against a guy for once."
"Obviously, I would absolutely love to!" I respond.
"Oh okay then, great."
"Hey Kate." Demetri says walking up to us. "Sorry you lost game night. You just weren't prepared for Tory to absolutely demolish your ass." he says, chuckling. Uh... okay dude, little rude but okay.
"It's fine, we just aren't gonna talk about how you got ran over not once, not twice, but 17 times?" I say.
"DAMN, got hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim." Miguel says, walking over to us.
"That was cold." Hawk says.
"QUIET." Sensei Lawrence says, walking right past us, and over to the sparring deck.
"Hello everyone. Today we will work with you all separately. Sensei Lawrence will work with the Miyagi-Dos and I will be working with the Eagle Fangs."
I notice everyone walks towards either Sensei Lawrence or Sensei Larusso. I'm not an Eagle nor a Miyagi-Do. This is the moment where I hurry up and choose a side, but I am not sure which one to be apart of.
"Mr Larusso? What about me?" I ask.
"You can alternate between me and Sensei Lawrence when we do split-up practices."
Well that kind of still doesn't answer my question for today. I just don't know where to go.
"We will take her today." Samantha says, looking to Sensei Lawrence, then to me.
"Good call." Sensei Lawrence says to Samantha, looking to me again.
"EVERYONE IN THE VAN." Sensei Lawrence say.
"SHOTGUN." Demetri says.
I go to walk to the van, with Samantha, then all of a sudden I hear.
"Kate, wait." says Hawk. He says as he walks over to me, his body towering over mine. "Be safe today." he says as he gives me a kiss on the forehead, gently.
"I will." I say, holding his hand then he moves my hand to the necklace. I rub the necklace, almost as if I am trying to grant a wish from a genie, but unfortunately it's not a magical lamp.
I walk to the van, Samantha is in the front row of the backseat with an empty seat beside her. "Come on." she says.
I get in and as we go down the road, she is snapping her friends and taking funny photos with me to post on her story, and then she looks to me.
"Was you wanting to have us take some photos together on your phone?" she asks.
"Uh, sure." I say. She gets my phone and opens Snapchat, and we take photos together and make some Tiktoks. About 20 minutes later, we pull into an abandoned building. Which I think is odd.
"Last time we done this, I jumped across a building." Samantha says. okay then, damn.
"Oh okay." I say, starting to prepare for anything.
I hear a ding, and look down to my phone. It's my dad. "Hey Katie-Kat. Hope you are having a good day, sorry I haven't spoken to you in the past few days, whenever I get done with working for the day I know it's like 2 am over there."
"Hey dad. I've been doing good. I'm assuming it's like 1 am over there so I love you and hope you get some sleep, see you when you get back❤️"
"Love you Katie." He sends back.
"Come on, we are going to be behind everyone." Samantha says.
"Okay." I say, closing my phone and putting it in my bag. I get out of the car and follow Samantha and everyone else.
"Wow. This is really unexpected." I say, looking at today's Lesson.