Chapter 17: What are we?

I get home and dart into my house.
  "Katie-Kat you forgot your phone." my dad says.
I run back. "Thank you" I said, grabbing my phone and then running back the direction I came from.
  I get into my bedroom, and I can't get last night out of my head. His lips brushed against my neck. The way his chest was barely on top of mine, as if he was holding himself up. My head propped up against my pillow, occasionally hitting the headboard of my bed. Touching his wintery fall skin. It's driving me crazy. I just want him here with me. I want to touch his spiked hair. Lock our hands.
  Dammit. Side tracked AGAIN. You have to get ready Kate. You have a date with Hawk in... DAMMIT, less that an hour and a half!!!!!! I'm so unprepared.. I still have to get my clothes ready, my hair done, makeup done. No time to think. Just DO!! When I turn my head, I see in the corner of my eye, my phone ringing. That's odd, it's from an unknown number.
   I answer it, "Hello?"
    "Hey Kate, it's Sam." Oh, wait, how did she get my number?
   "Hey Sam" did I really just call her sam? Are we actually friends now. "What's up?"
   "Hawk told us about last night, and seeing how I am already ready for tonight, do you want me to come and help you?" she says.
   "That would be FANTASTIC." I say, "Let me get my shower, you can go ahead and come on it when you get here. I'll tell my dad that you are coming." I say.
  "Okay, on way now, be at your house in 20."
"Okay!"
   I rush through the hallway, down the stairs and dart to my dads study. "Dad?"
  "Yes?" he says, "Did Noah use all of the hot water doing his 'hair routine'."
  "No, but he is obsessed with that."
"Then what's wrong?"
  "I'm about to get my shower, Sam will be here soon to help me get ready to... hang out with Hawk this evening." I say.
  "Is this boy fixing to be my baby's first boyfriend?" he says.
  "Possibly." I say.
"As long as you two aren't doing.... you know.. the birds and the be-"
  "I will be responsible dad."
"Thank goodness. Your brother- "
   "I'd prefer not to talk about Noah at the moment."
"Okay. Well go get your shower. I will let Samantha in." he says.
"Okay."
  So I go upstairs and unclothe in my bathroom.  I get into my shower and run the water. When all of a sudden, I see Hawk standing right in-front of me.
"Hey." he says. "Have you figured out about me?" he says.
  "I want you Hawk." I say as I go to pull closer to him, but can't. Dangit. Am I having hallucinations of this guy. Damn. Talk about falling hard.
  About 10 minutes later, I get out of the shower, and 4 minutes after that, I blow-dry my hair. I step out of my bathroom. Towel the only thing on top of my skin.
   I go to walk into my bedroom and shut the door. I change into my bra and underwear, putting my towel back on top of it. As soon as I do that.
  " *knock* *knock* Its Sam."
"Come on in." I say.
  "How did you get my number by the way?" I ask.
"I asked Hawk if he had it." Figures.
  "Ohhhh okay." I say.
"Okay so he told me in confidence what happened. And what in the hell?" she says. "Trying to hold out on me now aren't you." she says, in a playful tone.
  "I didn't have your number. I physically couldn't." I say, making my case sound better.
"So anyways, he also told me about the awkward morning and conversation that happened this morning." Dammit dude, seriously? Tell her everything. "He only told me because he wasn't sure if you still liked him. I assured him that he was just getting inside his own head. He tends to do that sometimes." she says, pointing out a flaw. "Anyways, we have 1 hour and 9 minutes to get you fixed up. So let's get started."
  "Okay."
She walks to my closet. "This will make your ass look fat, but this will make your rack look bigger." she says. Damn... is she really trying to make you look like a Malibu Barbie? Take control of the situation Kate, you got this.
   "How about I just wear some cute casual clothes? No racks or asses needed to be showed haha." I say.
  "Sure, okay, how about........... this?" she says.
"The black sunflower dress." I say. I haven't worn that since my mothers funeral, should I wear it?
  "If you don't think it will be cute, we can look for something else." she says.
  In that moment I realize. Mom would want me to be happy, to finally move on and get closure, and to find peace with her absence.
   "No no no no no, I love that dress." I say.
  "Okay, and these vans?" she says, picking up the black and white checkered vans that have sunflowers on them.
  "Those are perfect." I say.
"Okay, now you get ready and I will leave you a few minutes of solitude. But quick question." she says.
  What is she fixing to say? Listen up Kate.
"Do you know where your dads Costco card is? He is looking for it everywhere." Oh. Well okay then.
  "It's in his wallet tucked behind his Kroger card. He hides it so he doesn't spend a whole lot of money at Costco, he is a thrift fiend." I respond.
  "Ohh okay. MR. S SHE TOLD ME WHERE IT IS."
"OKAY COME ON DOWN HERE." he says.
  "Hurry up and get ready, I'll be back up soon to do your makeup."
  "Okay." I respond.
  What if I tell Hawk how I feel and he doesn't feel the same way? What if I say yes and he says the complete opposite? That pit in my stomach that went away came roaring back, taking over me. What if I can't do this? What if Noah was right and I'm incapable of ever living a normal life? But at the same time. My heart is screaming for Hawk. I want him so bad. I want to be around him. I just simply want him.
   Samantha comes back into my room. "Okay, let's get you ready." she says.
  About 20 minutes later, she finishes, and we get down the stairs.
  "I love you baby. Remember, curfew is at 11:30. Here is 40 bucks." he says.
"I love you dad, and thank you." I say.
  "Also, just remember I'm one call away." says my dad.
  "Okay dad, I love you." I turn from my father to Sam, "Lets go."
   I hear a car door in the driveway, then another. I go to look out the window, and it's Terry Silver and my brother. Mother fucker.