Chapter 48: Heat Waves

I lay in bed. It's probably 4 AM at this point. I can't get everything that happened out of my head. I don't know what to do, or what to think. So I do the one thing I want to do.
   I get out of bed and open the door to the hallway. I look around to make sure everyone is in their rooms. Then I sneak down the stairs. I go to the back door, and walk past the pool to the pool house. I open the door and walk in.
  "Mr LaRusso?" Hawk says, turning around.
"It's just me." I say, looking to him.
  "Why are you in here? Are you ok?" Hawk asks.
Out of everything that happened. Hawk was there through it all. He supported me, he held me, he knows my secrets, and despite that, he truly cares about me.
  "Hello? Earth to Kate." Hawk says, snapping me back to reality. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine." I say. "Hawk I know what you said earlier... but-"
  "It's really late. I'll walk you to your room." he says.
"I don't care about what time it is." I say.
  "Okay then why are you here?" Hawk says.
"I don't really know honestly, I just know that I want you." I say, throwing my lips to his, embracing the moment.
  He pulls me away, then looks at me. I look back at him, hoping he will kiss me back.
  "Kate... I don't want to take advantage of you." he says.
  "You wouldn't." I say.
   He looks into my eyes, then kisses me passionately. He throws me onto the air mattress. His body on mine. I take off his shirt, then proceed to throw it. I take his shirt from earlier off of me. I look into his eyes, and see into his soul. He wanted me as much as I wanted him. I kiss him back. He takes off his pants. I take off the shorts I'm wearing. Then he looks to me.
  "Are you sure? If you aren't then we can stop." Hawk says.
"I want to." I say.
  Then he delicately puts his body on mine, and kisses me. He moves his lips from my mouth to my neck. Then the night heated up. I put my hand on his face. He puts his hand on mine, and caresses my face. Then it happened. That moment where you transition from childhood to adulthood. Two people connecting on a different level. Our bodies open to the company of each other.

  I have actually done it.... I've lost my virginity.
   He gets off of me, then lies down beside me. I don't know what to do, what to say. It's kind of awkward.... At least I think so.
   "Are you okay?" Hawk asks.
  "Oh yeah. I- I am fine." I say.
   "Are you absolutely sure?" he asks.
  "Yeah."
   "If you are absolutely positive. So, what's your plans for tomorrow?" He says, putting his hand on my arm.
  "I gotta hang out with my dad. I'm just.... not sure how even to approach this situation."
  "I know you probably won't take my advice, but I think you need to make amends and start focusing on what's best for you. You can't keep on like this, it's going to either drive you insane, or make you feel forced to make a decision you don't want to make."
  "You're right." I say.
"Ok. Now I am going to get dressed and walk you to your room." he says.
  "Okay." I respond.
He gets up and changes into sleep clothes. Then I get up and get dressed.
  "Okay come on." he says.
"You know I can walk myself." I say to him.
   "There's no need in it." he says. He holds his hand out. "Shall we?"
  "Yeah let's go." I say.
He opens the back door and I walk in. When we get inside I hear a voice from the kitchen.
  "Kate?" Samantha whispers.
"Oh it's you." I say.
  Samantha looks to me puzzled, "Yeah what are you doi-" Hawk walks up beside me. "Oh my god." she says. "Did you two- ?"
  I look to her and look down, with a presumption of guilt.
  "Oh my god." she whispers. "Wh- How- the- Why?"
she looks to Hawk. "In my house seriously? Anthony has to sleep on that air mattress when family comes in town."
  "So finally some action is happening on that bed." Hawk says.
  "Oh my god. I'm just going to- goodnight." she says, walking away.
  "And don't you dare think about telling the group." Hawk says.
  He walks me all the way up to my room.
"Well I guess this is goodnight." he says, grabbing my chin and lifting my lips to his.
  "Goodnight." I say, as I walk into the room. I give Hawk one last glance. Then shut the door.
  I throw myself onto the bed. Out of everything that has happened, that was one thing I had control over. I finally done one thing I wanted.
  I go to pick up my phone, and I look at my messages. I see I have been added to a text chain.
  "Hey." texts Samantha.
"Can we normalize not texting at 4:20 in the morning." texts Miguel.
  "Can we normalize you not texting like a damn dork?" Samantha responds.
  "..." Miguel texts.
"Alr well I'm going to go to bed so I'm not texting anymore tonight." Hawk sends.
  "Wait why isn't Robby responding?" Samantha texted.
  Miguel sends a picture of Robby passed out on the couch. "Dude couldn't even make it to the bed." It says under it.
  "Lol" Samantha responds.
"NO NO NO LOL NONE ITS OVER ITS WASHED UP" Miguel responds.
  "Okay I am muting now." Hawk says.
"Pussy" Miguel texts
   Hawk sends a middle finger emoji back. Oh my god.
"Ok well gn" Miguel sends.
"Gn" Samantha sends.
   "Night nerds." Hawk sends.
  Okay well I am actually going to get ready for bed now.
  Once I get ready for bed. I let my eyes rest.