Chapter 9: Day Two

I open my eyes to the world around me. The world around me at the moment is a mattress and boxes in my room. My bed frame tilted against the wall in-front of me, holding itself together by gravity. I fight myself on whether to get out of bed today, but then remember my new friends will be here in... let me look at my phone.... OH MY GOSH! I must've really slept in, they are only going to be here in 10 minutes. I jump out of bed and go to my closet, going through my clothes. I decide to wear my midnight sky colored ripped jeans with a white cotton shirt that says, "Take it easy" with some mushrooms on it. Then I put on my mushroom necklace that I bought from Hot Topic. I don't have time to do anything cute with my hair so I just put it up in a clip. I put on mascara, but nothing else because I don't have the time. I rush outside of my bedroom door and it hits me, I forgot socks and shoes!!!! I don't want them to see me with my dogs out, so I do what any person does.
  "DAD, STALL MY FRIENDS WHILE I PUT MY SOCKS AND SHOES ON!!!!" I say.
   "WHY ARE YOU JUST WAITING TIL 9:30 TO WAKE UP?"
    "BECAUSE MY PHONE DIED SCROLLING THROUGH TIKTOK LAST NIGHT AND I COULDN'T FIND MY PHONE CHARGER!" I say, mad at myself for being obsessed with Tiktok.
     "YOU KNOW, YOU SHOULDN'T BE ON THAT APP ALL THE TIME, IT'S BAD FOR YOU." my dad says, preparing his "you don't need phones" lecture.
   "DAD, PLEASE SPARE ME THE LECTURE, AND PLEASE STALL THEM." I yell, dashing to my bedroom from the hallway.
   "OKAY KATIE-KAT" my dad says, with that nickname I have had since I was 5 and wanted a cat so bad, but couldn't get one because I was allergic.
   I throw on my black Nike socks with my white Nike shoes, and dart to the front door.
    "Oh, hey honey." says my dad, waiting at the door for my new friends, drinking his coffee.
   "Dad, have you seen where my phone charger last was?" I say, hoping my dad will know.
    "Beats the hell out of me. Last time I saw it, it was in the truck I think." says my dad, giving me a thread of hope to where my charger is. "Why don't you put a time limit onto that Tiktok app?"
    "I've tried that and it didn't work, I wanted to keep watching so I just changed my location to Japan. Then I almost forgot to change it back, so I hurried and changed it back before I forgot that I changed it in the first place." I say, feeling guilty about my obsession.
     "Oh okay, I'm the same way about my Facebook lol." said my dad, making me cringe.
    "Dad, did you just say lol?" I said, trying to correct my fathers new habit.
   "Oh I'm sorry, laugh out loud." says my dad, unaware that he will never be that 'trendy dad' that everyone will envy.
    "Whatever, anyways. Are they here yet?" I say.
   "No baby, but seeing how you are so intrigued with what is going on outside, why don't you take out the trash that the people who lived here in the past forgot to take out. The trash can is at the end of the driveway." my dad says.
    "Can't go a day without doing chores huh?" I say, in a sarcastic and dreadful tone.
   "You know it Katie Kat." my dad says, as he takes the paper and coffee into the kitchen and reads it while enjoying what he calls his 'breakfast'.
  I walk outside to take the trash out and saw Hawk leaving his house.
   "Hey!" I say, walking the trash to the end of the driveway.
  "Hey, can't go a day without taking out the trash I see." says Hawk, in a sarcastic tone.
   "So, when are the others coming?" I say as I pick up the lid of the trash can and throw the trash into it.
   "They are running a little late, Miguel and Robby got caught up having breakfast with Sensei Lawrence and Miguel's mom. They are a thing by the way." Hawk says, confusing me.
    "Wait, Robby and Miguel are a thing? Wow, didn't see that one coming." I say, puzzled.
   "GOD NO! They are some straight motherfuckers, but sometimes they do make me worry. Miguel's mom and Sensei Lawrence are a thing." Hawk says, "Wait, I thought you knew him and Sam was together."
      "Yeah, but then that threw me off, you know, what you just said." I say.
   "Ok. Well anyways they are like 10 minutes away."
  I can't get over how Hawk makes me feel, it's like I can't stand to not be around him. I want him around constantly.
     "Oh shit." I say, running into the house.
    "Is everything ok?" says Hawk.
      "Yeah, I forgot to look into my dads truck and get my phone charger, my phone died last night. I was-"
   "Wait, let me guess. Scrolling through Tiktok?" says Hawk, with a somewhat accurate guess.
    "How did you know?" I say.
   "A guy just knows when he sees a Tiktok addiction fiend." Hawk says, offending me.
     "Hey, I'm not an addiction fiend. I just sometimes scroll through my Tiktok for you page for hours." I say.
     "Perfect example right there." says Hawk.
   "Rude!" I say, as I playfully hit his arm.
     "Ouch that hurt so much." he says in a girl-ish voice.
   "Hey, if you want me to hurt you I can." I say, laughing.
   "Anyways, what's our plans for today?" says Hawk.
  "Well, we need to unpack boxes in the house, and take the U-Haul to the place that's in town." I say.
  "Sick." says Hawk.
    "Why don't we go inside and wait for everyone else?" I say, trying to get us out of our driveway into my house so I can plug up my phone.
    "Sure." says Hawk.
   We walk into the house and in the corners of where his tank top is, a scar, or something along the lines of it.
  "Hey Hawk, you have something on your back." I say.
   "Oh, that. Don't worry about it, it's just a back tat." Hawk says.
    "A back tattoo? How old are you?"
  "I am 17, I just got this because I have the Mohawk. I kind of changed my image whenever I turned 15. Another thing to thank Sensei Lawrence about."
   "He talked you into getting a back tattoo?" I said.
  "No, he was telling me if I didn't want to be picked on for my lip anymore and be cool, I needed to flip the script. So I buzzed the sides of my hair and got a guy in a shop to give me a tat. While I was there the Mohawk and the back tat were born." he says.
  "Wow, you changed your entire personality." I said.
"Well yeah, but I was a pussy before. I am badass now." says Hawk.
   We walk into my house, my phone charger in one hand, my phone in the other. Once we get inside the house, I plug up my phone into the nearest outlet.
   "I see why you wanted to come into the house." says Hawk.
   "Yeah, I wanted to check and see if I had any notifications." I say.
  As soon as my phone starts to turn back on, I hear a sound outside of the house. Slamming of car doors come swiftly after.
    "Hey girl." says Samantha as they walk into my house. "We was on our way over here and decided to get some coffees. I wasn't sure which one you wanted so I got you a Vanilla Frappe and a Mocha Frappe. Whichever one you don't want I'll take."
     "That's very nice of you. You can have whichever one you want I love both of those flavors, and you are also lucky because I am very indecisive." I say, rattling on, nervous.
     "Oh okay, then I will take the Mocha." says Samantha.
    "Where's the one with the glasses and the comic shirts?" I say, puzzled.
   "Demetri is hanging out with Yasmine today, so just me Robby and Miguel are helping today." Samantha says.
    "Ohhh okay. That makes a lot of sense." I say.
   "Anyways, let's get started unpacking today!" says Samantha, ready to get this over with.
   "Again, thank all of you for helping." I say, grateful.
  "Ah, it's no problem." says Miguel.
   "Same here." says Robby, "Tory had to work today anyways."
    Who is Tory? How come I have never heard of this girl before?
    "Oh. Who is Tory?" I say
   "She is my girlfriend." says Robby.
   Girlfriend? Wait, so he wasn't hitting on me yesterday? I'm so confused.
     My dad walks into the room, "Hey kids, let's get this finished today."
   "Yes sir." says Robby.
  So we start to finish unpacking.