17) getting an army

Hazel saw Scott sitting in the waiting room and went to him sitting down next to him. Hazel noticed Scott was worried and put her hand on his.

She knew he was using his superheating to listen in, and she couldn't blame him if it was her, she'd do the same.

Scott held Hazel's hand once he heard Mellisa was going to be okay. Hazel looked at Scott and Scott looked at her and nodded while Hazel smiled.

>>>

Hazel sat at Lydia's bedside watching over her. Lydia opened her eyes and looked at her. "Hey" Lydia said.

"Hey" Hazel said smiling at her. "You seem like you have something on your mind" Lydia said.

"Yeah, but I can tell you later" Hazel said. "No tell me now" Lydia said. "Okay so um Scott and I kissed" Hazel said.

"You kissed wait does that mean you're back together I call being the godmother" Lydia said and Hazel smiled.

"I don't know if it means we're back together, but I hope so" Hazel said.

"You two are good together Hazel don't lose him again you need each other more than you realize" Lydia said and Hazel smiled.

>>>

Hazel saw Scott in the hallway and ran up to him catching up with him. "Hey what do we do" Hazel asked.

"No more peace summits, no more running, no more half measures" Scott said.

"What's the plan" Hazel asked. "We fight back" Scott said. "You finally speak my language" Hazel said.

"And Gerard, Monroe, the hunters we take them all on" Scott said.

"Then we're gonna need more firepower" Hazel said. "Not just firepower we're gonna need an army" Scott said.

>>>

"You know my fighting days are over" Deucalion said. "Thats hard to believe you once said you'd kill any living thing that got in your way" Scott said.

"Not to mention my brother nearly died because of what you believed in" Hazel said.

"I said a lot of things but eventually the bodies pile up so high that even a blind man can't ignore them" Deucalion said.

"So, what now that you're all good you refuse to help us" Hazel asked. "I changed we should all try it and I live in a condo" Deucalion said. "I think I prefer the old Deucalion" Hazel said.

"Well maybe you've changed but Gerard hasn't and he's not gonna stop with Beacon Hills he's got a map with places circled Toulouse, Brazilia " Scott said.

"Logashkino, Zhengzhou, nemetons of the world" Deucallion said. "You know him you can outthink him you can read him" Scott said.

"You've beaten him before" Deucalion said. "He's got a lot of help now actually he's got pretty much everyone" Scott said.

"You think Gerard's turned you into a pariah your power does that you'll always be an outsider because of your abilities Gerard wasn't the first person to capitalize on the general public's fear of the other and he won't be the last" Deucalion said.

"So, help us stop him" Scott said. "I think you've realized that stopping Gerard now means killing him I'm sorry Scott that chapter in my life's over" Deucalion said.

"Really that's it really you're just a pacifist now" Hazel asked.

"Maybe I should slash your throat I mean what's gonna stop me now" Hazel said. "Plenty" Deucalion said.