Chapter - 63

Recap: Raghuvaran refuses to accept Goutham and Mithra later Kavitha informs Mithra to leave the house and stay with Goutham.

*******************

Kavitha opened the door of her bedroom and saw Raghuvaran standing by the window. Hearing the footsteps he returned to the bed and sat on it without sparing a glance at her. Kavitha sighed and sat on the chair that was near the window.

Raghuvaran: Did you see how the people were watching our house ? Did you see how they talking among themselves when she left with them ?

Kavitha: When we got married we lived a rent house and with years we built this home and shifted here. Did anyone help us when we were at the lowest of our life ? Why should we care if they see now ?

Raghuvaran: You say that like you will not care if people in our surroundings and our relatives start taunting us ? You won't feel humiliated or bad ?

Kavitha: I may feel bad but I won't feel humiliated because Mithra is happy in her life. She got someone who really love and care for her. Nobody's words should hurt us because those words are their jealousy looking at our daughter living a best life than them. Culture, rituals, surroundings, relatives, our pride are important I agree but not at the cost of our children's happiness. 

Raghuvaran: Rich people are not so good or easy like you think Kavitha. We are no one to them. They value money, power, status above everything. What if he hurt her ?

Kavitha: You will feel bad for having this idea about them very soon. Mithra's father in law wanted to have a reception for them to announce their marriage. He doesn't want anyone speaking ill of her. I request you give up your ego and we should do what we are supposed to.

Raghuvaran: How come you changed like this ?

Kavitha: I m a mother and my love for my children comes first and everything comes next. Please give your presence for her reception even if you don't wish. If anything that will humiliate us and Mithra is your absence. I hope you get me.

****************

Goutham and Mithra entered the penthouse followed by Ravi and Rehman. They settled in the living and Mithra got water for them. Goutham pulled her to sit next to him and interlaced his fingers with her.

Ravi: Mithra, no words of mine will console you now but trust me your father will come around very soon. No parent can ignore or be angry with their children. He is upset and will forgive you.

Goutham: Appa is right Mithra, it might be hard for you but just imagine until few days back we were still hesitating on revealing it to your parents but now your mother and brother has accepted us and soon will your father too. You have to hold to your belief that only good things will happen to us.

Ravi: Alright I know you both wanted to be alone at this moment but before I take my leave let me tell you one thing. Your reception will be in 10 days. I will take care of all the arrangements and you both take care of your costumes alone and I will send the invites so that you can invite whomever you wish.

Mithra: Appa, Shylaja amma ...

Ravi: She will come don't worry about her. Relax your mind and get ready to welcome your father to your reception. Also work from home until your reception. I will take my leave and I believe my daughter has too many questions to you.

Ravi smirked at Goutham and left the penthouse. 

Goutham: Mithra, go relax for sometime. I will be back after a few discussion with Rehman to plan our work from home.

Once Mithra was out of sight Goutham sighed and rubbed his forehead.

Rehman: All hard work got wasted boss. What now ?