Chapter - 16

Recap: Goutham surprise Mithra by sneaking into her room at 12 to wish her birthday.

*********************

Mithra woke up in the morning and placed the roses in her wardrobe safe from her parents seeing them. she got ready as usual and reached downstairs dressed in a saree. Her mother and father wished her and she took their blessings. Later Vinay wished her and presented a chocolate box.

Raghuvaran: My daughter look beautiful. Let us all go the temple after breakfast and later we will have lunch outside.

Kavitha: What time you need to leave for your office party ?

Mithra: I will leave at 4 maa. I will go to Nithya's home and we will go together.

Raghuvaran: Should I come to pick you back if it will be late ?

Mithra: Appa, I m not a child. I will return on my own. If it will be late I will get a cab and won't drive scooty.

Raghuvaran: Next year we want you to get blessing together with your husband. I just can't wait to see my daughter getting married.

Vinay: I m very sure that she will be married this year. Finally I will get to sleep without disturbances in the early morning.

Kavitha: when did you become an astrologer ?

Vinay: Its brother instincts...anyhow you both are waiting for your friend's son to return from abroad to proceed with marriage talks then sure she will get married early.

Mithra stomped on his feet gritting his teeth and sent a deadly glare to him.

Vinay Mv: work out ayiduchu polaye ? ( Seems like its already worked out ) Mams, get ready for marriage. my sister is all ready for you.

They left from home after breakfast and drove to a temple and offered prayings. Later Mithra took them to a mall and her parents bought her some new dresses as birthday gift. finally after having lunch they returned home by 3.

Mithra quickly got took bath and changed into a simple top and jean and packed her dress and accessories to the party and reached the hall.

Kavitha: Why are you in this dress ?

Mithra: I have packed my dress maa. Me and Nithya bought a new dress for the party. I will get dressed at her home.

Kavitha: Stay safe Mithra and message me once you reach the party hall. Also call me when you start from there.

Raghuvaran: Call me if you want me to pick you.

Mithra nodded her head and quickly left from there and drove to Nithya's home.

Goutham was in his office when Chandru entered with food for both of them. He slumped on the couch and looked at Goutham with annoyance.

Chandru: Party is in the evening. Why do you have to stay in office and not at home ?

Goutham: I don't want mom to get any idea of the party or she might make her appearance all of a sudden. Upon that she would bring that cakeface along with her. Today is a special day and i don't want to be upset for any reason. so its better to stay away from problems.

Chandru: I wish you teach me some ideas to be manipulative and cunning like you.

Goutham: If I do then how will I escape from you at times when I needed to.

Chandru: damn man, how could you say this ? ok now tell me when can I meet my sister.

Goutham: Very soon...We are just one step behind confessing our love. I want her to feel like I do for her.