120

Nick's whole family and mine were going out for dinner as it had been a very long time since we had. Nick's parents, my parents, Josh, Annalise, Madison (Nick's sister), Maleki, Mia, Damien, Kendall, Nick, Noah, and then me.

We arrived at the restaurant, and the wine was being poured. "Oh, I'm good, thank you," Annalise politely declined as the waiter offered her some. Her words raised a few eyebrows and exchanged curious glances around the table. Josh seemed a bit annoyed, probably thinking everyone was assuming Annalise might be pregnant. "No one said anything," Colleen reassured.

Noah started to cry, and I began to get up to tend to him, but I felt Nick's hand lightly pushing my shoulder down. "You sit, I'll deal with it," he whispered, his eyes filled with understanding. He picked up our son, cradling him in his arms.

I watched as Nick walked a few steps away from the table, soothing Noah with his gentle words and loving presence. The sight of the two most important people in my life, my husband and our son, brought a warm smile to my face.

As Nick comforted Noah, the rest of us had engaged in lively conversations, laughter, and the clinking of glasses in toasts. 

The evening had been delightful, filled with laughter and shared stories. As our family dinner came to an end, Nick rose from his seat, a warm smile on his face. 

We stepped out of the restaurant into the cool evening air. The soft glow of streetlights cast a warm and romantic ambiance. Nick walked ahead and opened the car door for me, like a true gentleman, before he turned to check on our little one, Noah.

Noah was snugly nestled in his car seat in the back of the car. Nick leaned in, securing the buckle with care and adjusting the straps to ensure Noah was comfortable and safe. I watched, my heart swelling with love for this man who always put his family first.

On the way home, Nick reached out and gently took my hand, his fingers entwining with mine, the reassuring warmth of his touch grounding me in the here and now.

With Noah dozing peacefully in the backseat, we neared home, our hearts were full of gratitude for the moments we had shared today. Our story would continue to unfold, with each day promising new adventures, challenges, and, above all, love.

-

hey guys

sorry i wrote the ch b4 this way earlier like a few hours ago but didn't want to publish it bc i wanted to do two chapters today so not publishing would motivate me to do this ykwim anyways hope it was good lmk what u think of it 

have a good one