141

a complex mix of emotions within her. He was her first true love, the man who had been there for the birth of their son, Noah.

"Who's at the door, baby?" Declan's voice interrupted the moment as he wrapped his arms around Madison's waist and kissed her neck. "This is Nick, Nick, this is—"

"Declan," Nick interjected, his tone laden with anger as he shot a fierce look at Declan.

Madison, puzzled by Nick's reaction, asked, "How do you know...?"

Declan quickly shut the door, pulling Madison aside. "Get it through your thick skull, what I said before. You'll have no one, and I'll do anything, Nick," he hissed, anger simmering just below the surface.

Before he could continue, Madison opened the door again, asking if everything was okay. "Yeah," Declan replied with a sly smile as he walked back inside, leaving Nick and Madison to their tense reunion.

Nick followed Madison to Noah's bedroom, eager to see his son and make amends. "Mads, Declan, he thr—"

But Declan, ever watchful, cut Nick off. "Sorry, got a phone call," he said curtly.

Madison decided to give Nick and Noah some space. She pulled Declan by the arm outside, the worry etched on her face. "What if he does something to him, too?" she whispered.

Declan turned back, his expression stern. "Stop," he commanded before Madison shut the door behind them.

Inside the room, Nick spoke to Noah, even though the infant couldn't understand his words. He ranted and poured out his feelings, telling his son everything. Madison approached the door but stopped at the frame, listening to Nick's words.

"So, now you know what happened. I didn't actually leave you both. I love you both so, so much. I promise, soon I'll do it."

Madison knocked lightly on the door. "Hey, sorry to interrupt, but it's Noah's nap time," she said.

Nick raised his eyebrows, realizing that time had passed quickly. "Oh, is it already 3?"

Madison smiled softly. "No, his naps are at 1:30 now," she said. Nick felt a pang of guilt, knowing that his absence had caused him to miss these important moments in his son's life. The room was filled with unspoken emotions and the weight of what had transpired over the years, as they all grappled with the new dynamics in their lives.

-
hey guys
not rlly much to say

have a good one