Ukiyo

Destiny's pov

I woke up in my bed, in my and Afomia's place, scanning the room in a still reclined position , I could feel my head spinning and my vision blurry.

Unable to resist my urge to run Afomia, I got up sideways and rested for a minute before finally getting up, my legs carried me to the kitchen.

"Guess who's back?"

Seemingly having interrupted a deep thought my absent-minded friend was having, my sudden unexpected entrance caused her to abruptly drop the peanut butter jar she had in hand.

"Jesus Destiny you scared me!" She flinched

I ran into her arms, pulling each other into the tightest hug

"How long have I been gone?"

" Half a day"

I grinned, looking at her up and down, leaning on the kitchen counter

"You knew what you were doing, didn't you?"

An awkward laugh left her lips "Forgive me, girl, I had to. And now you know my secret"

"Yeah; a witch; Just like your grandma, whom I could not recognize for some reason"

She took my hand, dragging me to our living room to be seated on the sofa.

"Nana wouldn't shut up about you, when I became old enough to become a witch in training, she told me how she found you As a newborn baby and saw the thread connecting you to the sky. "I couldn't leave her there", she said"

I listened attentively for every cell of my being was starved for answers about my identity that I seem to unravel bit by bit.

To be candid, I grew weary of the wait; I wished to know once and for all. But I seemed a puzzle to everyone around me, gradually gathered piece by piece.

"Well I guess it explains why I never belonged on earth "

"You're not mad at me..?"

In a low shakey voice, she asked

I jokingly punched her shoulder "No silly"

"Yes thank god" She celebrated

Afomia then brought her knee to her face, wrapping her arms around it, eager to ask me something as she fidgeted in her seat, I could see it waiting to emerge, at the tip of her tongue and her glistening eyes.

"You want to hear about my soulmate don't you?"

"Uh YES! Dont spare any details"

"Well ..."

Adjusting my posture to mirror Afomia's, I continued

"His name is Artemis, the prince of the sky. He's all kinds of sexy, dangerous, and mysterious, but he cares deeply for me, I feel it. Hell, it even makes me reconsider my whole life on earth..."

"You got it bad bestie" She teased the hell out of me

I told her about everything, Celeste and Cae, my mother-in-law whom Afomia called a bitch, and the fact he's throwing me a ball.

"shh, Afomia! What if she can hear you?" I whispered

"Let her see if I care. Her crown does not scare me one bit; my bestie is off-limits"

"Let's move on..." My lower trembled

"Ugh fine. Anyways," Afomia paused, adjusting her leg onto the couch "I thought It was so cute how he saved you, he seemed so worried " she squealed