Meticulous Merna

Merna's POV

I couldn't believe I was the last to hear about this ball...

The audacity...

I'd love to see the work of art that Artemis is throwing this for. It should have been me.

Every ruler of our world was invited, all except for me. If it wasn't for Merlin's tip I wouldn't have been here. Which reminds me, I can't wait to rip his head off.

Deep breaths Merna... the plan can still work.

I walked between mobs of people with my head low, avoided eye contact, and hid behind the trays of wine glasses moving swiftly from one shoulder to another until I finally spotted Merlin.

The minute our eyes met, he grew faint as blood slowly escaped his face leaving it as white as his beard.

"Merlin dearest..."

I opened my arms to welcome him into a hug with my eyes squinting and my lips pulled into a tight fake smile

"Your Highness"

His knee-trembling as he struggled to bow, a symptom of "old age" he keeps claiming this as an excuse. Ugh gross...

I looked at him up and down in his long azure furry cape engulfed in white stars.

I walked up to him slowly, swaying my hips, sensing his fear and deciding what to do next.

I lowered my head to meet the gaze of a short old man who knew he messed up, his eyes searched for aid left and right but no one came to his rescue.

I whispered in his ear, sounding out every word, working his last nerve

"You didn't think I was gonna kill you in front of everyone did you?"

My laugh was kept to a low tune "Your Highness I-"

"Cut the crap, Merlin."

I plunged my nails into his shoulder He winced at the threat preceding the impending punishment

"The room where they keep the silverware, find me there. Because if you don't..."

My nails found great refuge behind his long white beard, sliding the tips across his chin slowly and threateningly.

"... you can forget about our agreement..." 

My plunged nails soon detached from his tensed-up shoulders. He was quick to reach our agreed-upon spot.

A minute before I followed him, I looked left and right to ensure no one noticed me and stormed off into the hallway, Releasing anger into my fists

I walked swiftly into the silverware supply room and I proceeded to not-so-swiftly shut the big dusty arched wooden door behind me.

The fireplace's hue dominated the room; enhancing my anger further.

The door shutting produced a thud, I wasn't so worried; the party's noise would undoubtedly mask it.

My neck slowly turned from the door that bounced back open again, left ajar, leaving me, alas, face to face with Merlin. A terrified Merlin...

............

Author's note

Meet the villain! where the plot thickens. As a matter of fact, Merna marks the true beginning of the story. I hope you hate her, that's how I'll know I did well ;