Dinner with the devils

Audra's pov
Tonight was the night my husband finally returns from his extended stay at Vallen to meet our Destiny; mind you, everything was still hidden away from him.

I was getting Destiny ready, but something felt off about her and all her friends. There was something they were concealing from me, at one point, nothing could remain a secret.

"So, where's the dress Demetri designed?"
I asked, taking out jewelry from my box to set out on the mantle before Destiny

"Uh..."
She paused

"We hit a milestone so I excused him"

Closing up my jewelry box, I turned around in a haze "Young lady, what is this I'm hearing?"

"I..."
Physically swallowing the lump in her throat, she took herself to the dressing room's corner, all nerves for a reason that remained beyond me.

"What will you wear? I shall send for him at once-"

I headed towards the door in a hurry only my daughter caught my wrist well before my departure.

"He made me something already, I... just wasn't feeling so well earlier and bringing up Demetri only reminded me of my earlier dismay"

"My dear, what is the matter?"

"It's no longer an issue really"
I'd hate to coherce her into talking, it would simply have to postponed.

"Mhmm"
Settling, I gave a surrendered nod

Destiny put on her dress at last, a square neck , olive green ,knee length dolman dress with a black velvet stripe solely around the waist line. A Complementary addition; the golden bow tie around a mini bun of hair, presenting her with the innocence of a child.

Where I was aware of this being a private family event; protocol couldn't be ignored. I had requested the prescence of Artemis, Afomia and Asher at the gate to greet the king before I make Destiny's presence known. Perhaps I put on a brave front but I was all nerves; my fingertips prominently shaking against my back.

Destiny was to stay behind until I was finished with the guests introductions, It wasn't until I was deep into the organization that it occurred to me, when everyone was aligned, that a certain detail slipped my mind; Caspian and Artemis's last meeting didn't exactly go as we well as we had hoped it would.

Well, they were destined to cross paths again anyways, fingers crossed.

The portcullis was raised by the guards, I was the first to greet him, jumping into his arms.

"Finally! You're here"
He wrapped his arms around me in a bear tight hug, lifting me and my long red dress off the ground for a little spin.
"Reina"
He winked, taking in my hand for a sweet kiss. Leaning in for another, I seized the opportunity to whisper something to him "We have guests"
I turned to them

"Oh?"
His gaze averted to Artemis and Asher whom I'd kept in plain sight, immediately following a good look, his discontent with Artemis evidently showed.

They walked over to us, bowing simultaneously, Artemis's gaze never met his.

"And who is this fine young man?"
A warm smile creased from his lips

"Our new healer."

"A new healer? Does Merlin require assistance?"

"No my king, Merlin is no longer our healer."

"My... certainly much has occurred in my absence." Caressing his beard with his other hand, his body rotated towards Asher
"Young man, I haven't had the pleasure of hearing your name yet?"