The Forsaken Waltz

Artemis's pov

What's a king without his good word? Nothing of use. And that's everything I'm trying to avert in regards to my promise to Destiny.

I had managed to slip from the family drama I left behind upon noticing Lydia's signal to me behind a cornered wall.

"Whatcha got?"
I banted
"So get this..."
Lydia turns left and right
"... Merna asked Merlin to go back in time and prevent Destiny's birth from happening."

My stomach fell heavy with revulsion, I held onto the adjacent wall as my head grew light with such distate for an unspeakable monstrosity, how could one be so so vile?

*Sigh*
"Okay, how are they planning to get this thing done?"
"There's a Time Machine in his lair, I didn't find anything there so I think its hidden inside somewhere."

"I think I might have an idea..."
Scratching my head, I squinted hard to remember

"Uh... in the future you show me another machine he hid behind the postion cabinet."

"Okay. Let's go then."
I looked left and right and saw as Destiny and Audra went up to prepare her for the ceremony later, a bit of hesitation entrapped my footsteps .

"Wait... where are they now? Merna and Merlin?"

"Merlin is with his majesty and Merna went up to get ready"

"Tell you what, go to Merlin and bring him to his lair. I have a plan in mind"
"And Merna?"
"I really need more eyes... um okay, why don't we start with Merlin while I find the Time Machine? Bring him on false pretenses"
I walked a step backwards

"Such as?"
She followed

"You need healing"
I turned around

"But he'll see right through me!"

"Then say there's a patient in his lair waiting for him and you're just a messenger, and that won't be a lie because I'm lovesick"
Rotating once again, I walked over to a hesitant Lydia, holding her hands

"Work with me, Lydia. You're all I have here"
My lips pouted, pleading for her assistance; I almost resorted to nagging

"Okay. You don't worry about a thing"
She gave me a thumbs up and a wide confident smile

Unnoticed, I ran to Merlin's lair. Pulling that one book; the wall opened itself, presenting its contents to me. Indeed, the Time Machine was there.

It would be inevitably unwise to destroy it by hand, I could cause a breech to the space-time continuum so unmendably erratic and unforseeable that it ulters life as we know it.
So, my most clever idea was to attack Merlin and force his cooperation.

Closing up the wall, I hid under a clothed table as I heard footsteps coming my way.

"You cannot waste my time on such an important day like this!"
It was Merlin, I peeked from under the table

"It's a really important patient who needed you to come to them."
Lydia contemplated, turning him towards her as I got the chance to slip out of my hideout

"And who might that be, pray tell? The bed is empty, there's no one here except for you and I"

"Wrong."
I replied
As his chilled neck rotated in a doom defying tremble, in one mere moment I captured the quake of his shoulders and the quiver of his lip.
This tiny man knew nothing of what he was about to go through.

He gasped upon meeting my figure
"Your h-high-"

One blunt punch in the back of his head and he fell unconscious.