Nonchalant and chill until

Artemis's POV

Cute couple, Afomia and Asher. Such a rare encounter if you ask me. I'm glad on one hand that Destiny and Asher will never be.

I needed to talk to Destiny, but my gut twisted at the very thought... I feared appearing foolish more than anything.

Putting off the inevitable, I went up to my- well Destiny's room to get changed; one does tire of looking like a general all day long, it was time to change into something more comfortable.

I walked in after a knock, my heart stopped at the sight of little red brushing her scarlet strands, wearing her slit thigh high white sleeping gown.

Clearing my throat, nothing of use left my mouth except

"Excuse me."

Before burying myself in the closet

Who says that? What is wrong with me...

I got changed behind the closet door, I believe Audra mentioned the king's training room, another form of cardio that's less heart-wrenching.

Pulling down my grey tank top and black pants, I hoped I would sneak out without having to talk to her; I was all nervous.

With the corner of my eye, I caught a whiff of her applying cream on her elbow; completely unaware of my existence. It reeked of strawberry and innocence; unlike my very impure thoughts.

My closing statement for the night was an absolute disaster, I stood sideways close to the exit and spewed.

"Have a good sleep"  I blurted out, without even as much looking her way

Genius Artemis, I hated to admit but moments such as this require a backhanded slap from Caelum.

It took a world's worth of strength to walk away from her looking like this. But I needed it, I needed to clear my thoughts she inhabits, my heart she rules.

I grabbed a towel along and headed downstairs, at this time everyone must be sleeping.

My gaze caught the skin-toned body training dummy positioned on its black base in the middle of the lair, I knew I was to release my energy on something and that unfortunate dummy was a winner.

I couldn't care less about wearing gloves; we're doing it raw.

Not a soul could hear me down here, exactly my desire. I just grabbed the dummy's head and lost myself completely...

<Earlier that day>

"I knew you'd come back for me."

A chained-up Merna gloated, breathing heavily

"I'm not here to get you out, heaven knows you deserve it." I clenched my jaw

Merna was held in an invisible power-locking cell, with magic-illuminated blue chains holding her up by the wrists, I've never pictured I would see her so beat down and conquered.

"So why did you come?"

She smirked with an eye half open and a voice so hoarse you could barely hear it "I'm guessing she didn't believe you?"

"Look, I don't have time for your sick games. Why would Destiny think I cheated on her?"I stressed

"The only one who can answer that is you." She grinned

"And the only person who can either speed up or slow down your trial is also me so... your call."

I shrugged

"Oh, sassy are we?" A sinister spine chilling laugh echoed through the cell

"Hmm, Let's just say, she saw how deeply involved you are with me with her own eyes. One of those things you could never unsee, and no matter how hard you try interpreting it, is always a one-way road."