The void screams back

Merna's POV

Back at the ball within the crowds, I felt Merlin come up behind me.

 Involuntarily I crossed my arms.

"Is it done?"

He lined up next to me mirroring my body language

"Yes your highness, she's locked inside. You no longer need to worry about her." he sighed In an exhausted tone

"Good. You better not fuck up this time... Now I have an idea but I need help, I need the human girl to follow Artemis to his room. Can you tell her to?"

Merlin rolled his eyes at me as he wiped his monocles

"At this point anything to get rid of you..." He muttered under his breath as he disappeared into the crowd.

My eyes scanned the room for Artemis, the king, and queen of Lyria also yet to show up

 If he is to pop the question; he's most likely in her room now, which I'm already headed.

I glanced over my shoulder and he was already going up the stairs, I'll fly out through his balcony right now and wait for him inside.

I sat on his bed. The plan must come to life, I began by tearing the long bottom half of the dress to reveal the short dress underneath. Then, proceeded to pour two glasses of wine, meticulously placing one in hand and one on the bedside table for a secret addition.

Artemis's steps were distinguishably clear by now, so I quickly made the bed sheets messy, tangled my fingers in my hair and made it look messy as well, made my crown appear crooked, and grabbed the second glass to hand it to him.

he walked in, not noticing me

"Hello, Artemis..."

I struck a sexy sultry pose on the bed, batting my eyes

"Merna..? What are you doing here?" he turned her face towards me, Looking genuinely surprised

"Aren't you happy to see me?"

I got up and pouted, turning my head to the right and slowly back to face him "I am, of course. It's just you're supposed to be downstairs with the rest of the guests"

"Silly you, didn't you know I wasn't invited?" I forced a smile

"I had no idea... Celeste and Caelum were in charge of the invites, it must have been a mistake."

I handed him the wine glass and he took it; the bait.

"You look so stressed babe, have some."

He sighed "It's been a stressful night... ugh Merna you know me so well."

Artemis gulped the wine all at once

"Woah easy there, all those nerves for a soulmate huh? How's that been?"

His eyes lit up

"Destiny's amazing, I've always felt empty but now having found her, I feel completely taken by her."

My grip tightened around the golden glass, Secretly grinding my teeth

"That's wonderful, so why aren't you with her right now ?"

My pitch got higher, I hope that didn't give me away

"I came to bring the ring, I'm proposing. The human way "

His intermittent laughter gave him away, letting out the unknown; he was nervous, I'd never seen him like this before all head over heels, and it made my blood boil.