The knight of cups 1

Destiny's pov

I've decided it was time to teach Artie a lesson, because even after last night's lake events, zero progress was made.

Caelum is right, alas it was finally the time for the healer with the golden olive branch to speak up.
I am a single woman, and I couldn't wait fo wreak his ego.

My heals tapped against the tiles as I confidently swayed towards my room.
I've always been somewhat immune to the scourge of heels, a blessing really.

Not one set of eyes resisted my presence today, I chose to shine like the stars, I have realized my power; red and just enough carelessness.

Stepping back into my room and closing the door behind me, my gaze fell upon the midday sun rays refracted into my sun catcher; capturing the most ethereal view, the small rainbow against my rose gold walls and floors, some on my hands as well.
The bed was empty, left all made up and tidy.
I had my room to myself, guards included.

I stepped outside at my balcony to get some of that winter breeze in my hair, taking it all in; the court's well maintained green grass and the indicolite skies engulfed with just enough pink clouds.
My fingertips brushed against my vanity's edge, my makeup was laid out for me, and you better believe I will make good use of it.

I had decided to wear one of my mother's dresses for the day, a burgundy velvet gown with a square neckline and an open back crammed with white pearls elegantly ribboned below my shoulders.

Deep breaths, this will be a long day...

Afomia should be here, help me with my hair and just overall support me. So, I summoned her.

I turned around at the sound of the door knocking.
"Hey bestie-"
She marches in, gasping at the sight of me. "OMG YOU LOOK AMAZING!"

"I know right?
As I put on my white pearl earring
"Now help me out, what should I do with my hair? I'm thinking up..?"

"No queen, down. But to the side completely, and a side part. Give the back of the dress some commotion ayo."

Afomia put her phone on my vanity as she grabbed a comb and began styling my hair's side part.

A snide remark parted from her lips "Congratulations on your new bestie Caelum..."

"Afomia..."My eyes rolled "It's not like that."
Her eye brow rose in suspicion, meeting my gaze in the mirror...
"If you say so..."

"I'm telling him so he can help me, he knows Artemis best."
"So what happened last night?"

"Another disappointment..."

Clicking her tongue "Damm..."

"I will not walk over to him."
Pushing my hair back, I sat back, glancing over at her from the mirror to meet her cynical gaze.
"You can be sure of that."

"Do you mind if I video called Astrid?"
"Uh... sure, since when are you two best buddies?"
Turning my upper half around towards her, I asked.
And while avoiding my gaze and pressing on her phone, she replies "Ever since you've decided that you're scroodge."

Her eyebrows flickered, meeting my cynical gaze in the mirror's reflection.

"Fine. But don't tell her anything until she draws her cards, i want to test her accuracy this time"

"My lips are sealed."
She motioned

Astrid picked up the call, while walking.
"Ah young witch and her starseed friend."
Her eyes squinted as she familiarized herself with me "What do I owe the pleasure?"