Chapter 97: A Return To Karate

*Eli's P.O.V*

I'm standing in Terry Silver's office, the dim light from the computer screen casting an eerie glow on Demetri's face.

His fingers are a blur, dancing across the keyboard in a frantic rhythm. I watch as his eyes dart across the screen, the tension in his brow echoing the urgency of our mission.

A wave of pride washes over me. Demetri, who was once as reluctant about karate as a cat is of water, is now at the forefront of our mission. We're in the belly of the beast, and it's risky, but we're in this together.

Everything suddenly feels right. The hum of the computer, the familiar smell of the dojo, even the knot of anxiety in my gut... it's all as it should be.

I'm back in the world of karate, a world that once brought me so much pain, but now it's my haven.

There's no going back. I returned to karate with a score to settle, and I'm not leaving until it's done.

I glance at Demetri, my steadfast friend, and feel a surge of resolve. I'm home, and I'm not going anywhere.

"So as I'm doing this.. let me ask you something." My binary brother said, "What changed your mind? What happened? Can you explain anything?"

"My mom had said that if I want to win the race then I would have to start at the beginning." I said, "And it got me thinking.. I should go back to my roots. I should have a fresh start and I intend on having one."

"Your mom always knew what to say."

I smiled, gently. "She's the best."

"But either way, it's good to have you back, Eli."

"It's good to be back." I said as I continued to have my eyes on the computer screen.

"Sam is happy that you came back." My best friend looked at me.

"I know." I nodded. "I saw the look of happiness on her face when I showed up. She couldn't stop smiling."

"She's been waiting for you to make your triumphant return to the world of karate."

"She's not the only one."

I slightly smiled once I was talking about Sam. Even though she hurt me, I still get this certain feeling when it comes to talking about her. Her name is like a poem. It's beautiful, angelic. I can put my attention towards it the whole time.

"So are you fully healed or not?" Demetri asked as he watched the screen.

"I'm not but.." I started to say, "I can't stay at my house forever. I have to overcome the hurt. I'm the current All Valley champion and I wanna feel like I'm the champion for a reason. Plus, the dojo needed me."

"And you needed the dojo."

I shrugged a little. "Probably."

It was a little joke. Let me be humorous for a little bit.

"So what about you and Sam?" He asked, "Are you two going to talk?"

"We'll talk when we need to. It'll happen at the right time."

Demetri didn't say anything but he seemed to have approved of the answer. Which is good enough for me.

I then decided to check how everything is going with the rest of the dojo while Demetri kept busy.

I take a deep breath, my hand resting on the cool metal railing of the staircase leading to the main floor of the Cobra Kai dojo.

My heart is beating a wild rhythm in my chest, a stark contrast to the silence that cloaks the dojo. As I peer around the corner, my breath catches in my throat at the sight.