Chapter 2- Illusion Of Escape

Will sat in Hannibal's office, staring at him. Or more like observing him. Hannibal sat quietly, watching Will watch him.

"Are you going to answer my question, Will," Hannibal asked, breaking the silence.

"Dr. Lecter, do you believe in the paranormal," Will asked, "I mean if you believe in God, I'm sure you'd at least believe in demons. Right?"

"Are demons and the paranormal important to you," Hannibal asked.

"You didn't answer my question," Will said, narrowing his eyes at him.

"Neither did you," Hannibal said, a hint of amusement in his tone.

Will leaned back in the chair, getting comfortable.

"Why are you so intent on getting in my head," Will asked.

"I'm your therapist, Will. It's my job," Hannibal said.

"No other reason. No personal gain from this," Will asked.

"I'm not sure I understand what you are implying," Hannibal said, slightly tilting his head to the side.

"Are you human," Will asked, leaning forward.

Hannibal saw something in his gaze flicker. His somewhat closed-off, calm attitude shifted into something dangerous. He looked like an animal hunting its prey.

Hannibal shifted in his seat to calm his rising lust at the darkened gaze he's earned from the man. It wasn't the first time he's seen it, but it still affected him the same.

"I am human, Will," Hannibal said.

"Really? Christo," Will said, watching him for a reaction.

Hannibal appeared more confused than anything.

"Pardon?"

"Hold this," Will said, handing him a silver fork.

Hannibal cautiously reached for the fork and held it. The action was more done out of confusion... And curiosity.

Will watched his facial expression closely. What was he looking for?

"Will..."

"I want to pour salt on your hand..."

"What is wrong with you," Hannibal asked, halting him in his tracks.

"Are you human," Will asked.

"Yes..."

"Don't lie to me, dammit," Will gritted, standing up.

"Sit down, Will," Hannibal commanded, his voice still calm.

"What are you? What monster are you," Will asked.

"Why are you so disbelieving of my response," Hannibal asked, curiously.

Will scoffed at his own behavior. He claims he got out of the Hunter's life, but as soon as he sees his brothers... It's like he's right back in the middle of it.

Will sat back down in his seat.

"I, uh... My brothers showed up at work today," Will confessed, visibly piquing Hannibal's interest.

"I wasn't aware you had any brothers," Hannibal said.

"Because I don't. Will Graham doesn't have any siblings. Will Winchester does though," Will said, speaking about himself in third person.

"Winchester. I've heard that name before, haven't I," Hannibal asked.

"The last name happens to be popular among law enforcement," Will said, not bothering to mask his disgust.

"Do you dislike Will Winchester," Hannibal asked.

Will dropped his eyes for a brief moment.

"I hate him. I hate him as much as I hate my father," Will said, grimacing at the cruel acts he was forced to do.

"You sound like you had an eventful and distressing childhood," Hannibal said.

"Trust me, you don't know the half of it," Will said bitterly.

"Perhaps, I should have them over for dinner," Hannibal suggested.

"Unless you want someone to lose a tooth, I would advise otherwise," Will chuckled.

"Well that simply adds more curiosity to how Will Winchester died," Hannibal said.

"I forgot how devoted you are to fulfilling your curiosities," Will said, shifting his eyes away from him.

"Family often creates what we become in our adult life. Meeting your family will help me understand you better," Hannibal explained.

Will shifted his gaze back to him.

"You can try to convince them, but please don't serve them anything suspicious," Will said, "At least not my brothers."

"You seem to have a special hatred for your father," Hannibal said.

"My hatred for my father extends further than you'd ever imagine," Will said, "Serve him like the bitch he is."

A smirk crossed his lips at Will's contempt.

"This is surely to be an interesting feast then," Hannibal said.