Chapter 4- A 'Normal' Family Dinner

Dean and Sam examined the outside of the mansion after they arrived.

"At least we know we're gonna be eating good," Dean smirked, following John and Adam to the door.

Will greeted them by making sure everyone was human. Then he stepped aside, silently inviting them in. He barely gave John a second glance, but brightened at seeing Adam and Sam.

"Nice place," Sam said.

"Not mine. I'm currently sharing it with a close friend. He's also the one cooking for us," Will said, leading them to the dining room.

"Your roommate is a cook," John asked, "Does he know what you are?"

"A consultant and teacher. Yes, he does," Will said, his tone becoming somewhat hostile.

"So he pretends to be a teacher now," John said.

"Oh don't you start about pretending, you fucking..."

"Guys, can we not do this here? We're guests," Adam asked.

"I agree with the young man. Thank you for your courtesy," Hannibal said, walking into the dining room.

He explained the dish with a proud smile as he served everyone.

"This looks fancy," Dean said, examining the food, "I was honestly expecting burger and fries."

"Next time, I'll bring myself down to your level of taste then," Hannibal said, chewing on his food.

Dean threw him a look while taking a bite of the food. His eyes slowly expanded as he received a burst of flavor.

"Holy shit," Dean said, shocked at how good it tasted, "You made this?!"

"I did," Hannibal smiled.

Everyone else finally decided to take a small bite from their plates. Sam practically melted at the flavor.

"Oh my god," Sam said.

"Right?! Like a tastebud orgasm," Dean said, smiling with his cheeks full of food.

Will smirked at their reaction to trying Hannibal's cooking for the first time.

"Okay, how do I sign up to live here," Adam teased, making Hannibal chuckle.

"Quick question, are you an artist, Mr. Lecter," Sam asked.

Hannibal shifted his gaze to meet Sam's.

"Please, call me Hannibal. Also, yes. Why do you ask," Hannibal asked.

"I assumed because of how fancy you displayed the meal," Sam shrugged, "Some chefs enjoy forms of art, along with cooking."