Chapter 42- Hunting (Helping) Rugurus

Next week, Will was finishing up a solo hunt with Winston. He tossed his duffel bag into his car and opened the door for Winston first. Once the dog was settled, he got in.

"Good boy, Winston," Will muttered, scratching his head.

Will began searching for his ringing cell phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Will, it's Tyler. I got someone that could use some help. He's a new Ruguru. From what I know, he hasn't fed yet," Tyler reported.

"Send me the address and information on him," Will said, turning on his car.

He hung up and received a text soon after. Will drove to a nearby hotel and booked a room. He looked up after hearing his name called. Sam and Dean walked over to greet him.

"Hey, Will. Are you on this hunt as well," Dean asked, kneeling down to pet Winston.

"Sorta. I got a call, claiming the Ruguru hasn't fed yet," Will said.

"Not yet. But if you can save him by all means, have at it," Sam smiled, "It'll save us the trouble."

"I will try my best," Will said, "If you have any information on him, let me know."

Dean relayed as much info as he could on what they found. Will got everything down before whistling for Winston, so he could put him up.

"Catch you later," Sam said, following Dean to their room.

Will tracked the man to the bar that Dean mentioned. He did research on Rugurus while watching him from another table.

Apparently, his name is Jack Montgomery. So far, he didn't seem hostile which is a good sign.

Jack became distracted by a guy, making unwanted advances to a woman. Will watched him get off of his stool to defend her. He knew he should step in, but curiosity got the better of him.

Once he broke the guy's hand, Jack ran out in a panic. Will chased after him and stopped him before he left.

"Hey, hey. Look at me. I need you to breathe," Will said, his eyes flashing yellow.

Jack listened to his command and slowly began calming down.

"I-I didn't mean for that to..."

"I know you didn't. It was an accident. I understand," Will reasoned, "You were trying to defend that woman, right?"

He nodded.

"If you ask me, that guy had it coming," Will smirked, making him chuckle.