Chapter 50- A Plan Of Self-Sabotage

WARNINGS: Mentions of Abusive Parenting; Self-Sabotaging

Will sat on the couch upstairs, speaking with Dean, Adam, and Bobby. He could hear Sam yelling from the panic room.

Every instinct screamed to go help his brother. When he looked over at Dean, he could tell he was fighting the same instinct.

"This is what Rufus called about," Dean asked, "Key West sees 19 species go extinct?"

"Plus Alaska, 15-man fishing crew," Bobby added, "All stricken blind. The cause is unknown. In New York, a teacher goes postal, locks the door, and kills exactly 66 kids."

Will raised his eyebrows in silent shock. He could only imagine the field day Crawford must be having.

"All of this happened in a single day. I looked them up. There's no doubt about it. They're all seals," Bobby continued, "They're breaking fast."

"How many are left," Dean asked.

"Who knows? Can't be many," Bobby said, half-shrugging, "Where the hell are your angel pals?"

"It seems like they decided to take a vacation after the event with Uriel, Anna, and Castiel," Adam said, flipping through the biblical lore book in his hands.

"Yeah, well, your guess is as good as mine," Dean said, "None of them bothered to contact me about any of this. What about you, Will?"

Will lifted his gaze to see Dean's.

"News got around about the demons getting more intense with their attacks. My friends aren't hiding, but they're not stupid enough to get involved either," Will said, "I sure as hell don't plan on making them."

"I'm wondering with the Apocalypse being nigh and all, is now really the right time to be having this little domestic drama," Bobby asked.

"What do you mean," Dean asked.

"I don't like this anymore than you do, but Sam can kill demons," Bobby said.

"So can Will. I mean, he's not as strong but he can do it too," Adam shrugged.

Will nodded as a way of silently agreeing with Adam.

"Still we need more firepower. With Sam, we have a shot at stopping Armageddon," Bobby reasoned.

"So what? Sacrifice Sam's life, his soul, for the greater good," Dean asked, his voice rising out of frustration.

Will tensed, waiting to step in at any given moment.

"Is that what you're saying," Dean asked, "Times are bad. So let's use Sam as a nuclear warhead?"