Chapter 68- My Wayward Son

WARNINGS: Selective Muting; Trauma Response

Dean and Sam followed Peter upstairs. In the bedroom, Hannibal was sitting on the edge of the bed. He was facing the closet and speaking softly.

Almost like he was trying to coax an animal out of hiding.

"He's in there?"

"He won't come out," Hannibal said, making eye contact with Dean, "I figured you'd have better luck."

"Can you give us a moment," Dean asked.

Sam left the room with Peter and Hannibal so Dean could talk to Will alone. He sat down and scooted his way next to Will.

"I am not as small as I used to be," Dean muttered, glancing over at his brother, "How are you doing, Will? Are you okay?"

His knees were up to his chest. His arms were holding them in place. He's never looked so small and frightened. Will shook his head.

"I'm guessing you remember everything," Dean asked.

Will nodded, showing he did. Tears stung his eyes at his awful behavior.

"It's not your fault. You didn't know," Dean said, "I mean you knew, but at the same time you didn't. Y'know?"

Will slowly glanced over at Dean. He smiled warmly at his twin brother, hoping it would put him at ease.

Will looked away from him, like he was refusing his warmth. So Dean decided to change the subject. He chose to talk about something else.

After a couple hours, Will was responding with words.

"Sam?"

"Sam? You want to speak with him," Dean asked, causing Will to nod, "Give me a moment, okay?"

Dean got up and went to retrieve him. They both went back up to speak to Will. Sam knelt down in front of the open closet.

"Will, you wanted to speak to me," Sam said softly.

Tears rolled down Will's face, upon seeing him. Why wasn't he angry? Sam should be trying to kill him right now. They both should.

"You okay," Dean asked, hearing him sniffling.

"Sorry," Will cried, "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt any of you. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm so sorry."

Sam reached forward but didn't touch him. It gave Will the choice to either accept his hand or push it away. Will accepted it and exited the closet.

"It's alright. I understand," Sam reassured.