Chapter 54- Stuffed

WARNINGS: Mentions of Suicide; Dismembering; Force Feeding; Mentions of Insanity

Hannibal looked up as a knock on the door was heard. He got up to answer it. Sam stood at the door with an apologetic smile.

"I was in the town, so I thought I'd stop by," Sam said.

Hannibal debated on slamming the door in his face.

"What do you want, Sam," Hannibal asked, clearly annoyed by his interrupting presence.

"Just, uh, wanted to check on you," Sam said, "And personally apologize for everything."

"Will and I were about to get married. We were doing fine before you and your brother dragged him back into hunting," Hannibal said.

Sam's gaze shifted into intense guilt.

"I know..."

"Do you? I didn't even have a body to bury," Hannibal said, "My husband is gone and there is nothing that can change that."

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to apologize in person. I'm sorry," Sam said, "I... I should go. This was probably a bad idea."

Sam stuffed his hands into his pockets, walking away from the house. He did a double-take as he noticed someone taking photos of him.

"What are you doing," Sam asked, turning to face the woman.

Freddie Lounds looked up from behind her camera with a pleasant smile.

"Hi, Freddie Lounds. I heard you knew about William Graham," Freddie introduced, extending her hand.

"Freddie Lounds? You're the chick that called my brother crazy," Sam said.

"So you're related," Freddie asked, a light of excitement shining in her eyes, "I wasn't aware he had any relatives."

"Delete the photos of me," Sam commanded.

"Oh, they're..."

She tensed as someone grabbed her wrist roughly. Sam glanced behind her, watching Gabriel snatch her camera from her bag.

"What are you...?"

He looked at the photos while clenching his jaw. Why did he look so pissed? Maybe she took photos of him as well. 

Freddie noticed his eyes flash blue. A look of astonishment rested on her face as the camera melted in his hand.

Sam pushed Freddie behind him. As much as he didn't like her, he wasn't about to let the trickster kill her either.