Chapter 67- Carry On...

Castiel healed Sam first. Thankfully, he arrived before Sam died from the knife. Then he healed Dean next.

"Thanks, Cas," Dean said, grateful that he arrived in time.

Sam went over to Hannibal's corpse and knelt down next to him.

"He let me kill him," Dean said, standing behind Sam.

"Cas, do you mind helping Hannibal? I know he's not human, but he's still family," Sam said.

"He's not dead. Give him time," Castiel said, placing Will on the couch.

Dean noticed his head slowly reattached itself to his body. Hannibal sat up, gasping for air.

The two brothers stepped back cautiously. Hannibal looked around at the destruction of his home.

"Hannibal," Dean said softly.

His eyes found Dean's before glancing at Sam.

"Will?"

"Unconscious. Are you, uh, sane," Dean asked.

"From what I can tell, yes. I think his control went away after I died," Hannibal said, getting up from the ground, "Are you okay?"

"Why would you let me kill you," Dean asked.

"Because you're my friend," Hannibal said.

A smile twitched at the corners of his lips.

"Hans, you're kinda cool for a..."

"Monster," Hannibal asked, a hint of bitterness in his voice.

"For a therapist," Dean corrected, making his eyes subtly light up.

Dean patted him on the arm and walked away. Hannibal followed him with his eyes and smiled. Sam gave a grateful nod to Hannibal.

"Glad to know you're okay," Sam smiled.

He went over to Castiel to check on Will's condition.

"How is he," Sam asked.

"Unconscious and now completely soulless," Castiel reported.

"Completely? He wasn't before," Dean asked.

"No. He still had enough to feel something for a handful of people," Castiel said.

"That's why he hesitated," Sam whispered, "He burned the last of his soul trying to stop himself from killing me."